Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:4512 Applications:325 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Amazon - Manager - Process Excellence - Master Black Belt - Buyer Customer Excellence System (7-20 yrs)
Manager III, ACES, TRMS - Process Excellence - Master Black Belt
- At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. It is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. The Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS) group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. We have investigators globally who investigate fraudulent transactions. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. In addition, we work towards minimizing the risk associated with new initiatives.
- TRMS ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) team is seeking a Program Manager for the Buyer ACES Team. The person should be an innovative, results driven professional with solid people skills and a strong problem solving capability. He or she will support, coordinate and facilitate structured process improvement activities aligned to the business goals. He or she will be responsible for driving global strategy and initiatives focused on cost reduction, efficiency improvement, volume reduction, defect reduction and customer experience Improvement.
- Focus is on large, cross functional projects that serve major parts of the business
- Leads projects that are business critical, and may be global in nature
- May lead other program managers for large projects
- Delivers complex medium to large scale projects from initiation through delivery
- Bring together the tools of Lean, Six Sigma, technology, and customer obsession, to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Recommends improvements to the way projects are scoped, built, tested and deployed across the Organization
- Makes optimal tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope, and applies analytical and business knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacle
- Using professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Relies heavily on influence not authority to drive business teams and resources toward project goals
- Operates with significant autonomy and discretion
- Provide thought leadership and influence change at all levels in the organization.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by mentoring other managers and associates.
Basic qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Technology or Business.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from a reputed institute or organization
- Proven record of having lead and mentored Six Sigma BB projects yielding results in Defect reduction, Cost reduction, Process Simplification, Tech solutions
- Substantial experience in program/project management or an equivalent operational role.
- Proven experience and knowledge of process improvement tools, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Ability to Deep Dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenge
- Prior experience on working with statistical tools like JMP, Minitab etc.
- Ability to influence stakeholders across the organization without direct reporting lines.
- Proven technical leadership experience for several complete large scale complex, cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders, involving multiple (10 or more) internal/external customers.
- Change agent with the ability to lead change across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and understand complex data sets.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have experience in leading and mentoring projects in ITES/ IT / Banking industry
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to facilitate multiple discussions.
- Experience working as part of a global team with multiple time zones and geographically disperse resources.
- Proven ability to meet right deadlines, prioritize work, handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations.
- Proven agility and nimbleness to work successfully in a highly ambiguous and changing environment.