Recruiter at Amazon
Views:3261 Applications:786 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Amazon - Manager - Planning & Forecasting - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (3-7 yrs)
Amazon- Planning and Forecasting manager
Job summary :
Amazon India is seeking a smart, customer obsessed, analytical and detail oriented candidate to join the Home team at Amazon to help build the next generation of most loved brands. The Planning & Forecasting Manager will demonstrate an understanding of inventory strategies and supply chain efficiencies to maximize sales, profitability and inventory health.
- The candidate will be leading inventory and operations planning for the business by closely engaging with sellers, operations teams and other stakeholders. The candidate should have strong analytical and negotiation skills and will play a critical role in helping Amazon to build, manage and optimize a complex supply chain system that continues to evolve and expand.
- The candidate will produce and analyse weekly metrics and be involved with all aspects of demand planning and operational cost optimization initiatives. As part of the team, s/he will work with product, technology and business teams to drive complex data and trend analyses to root cause issues and propose ways to improve existing processes. S/he will be responsible for building and publishing detailed dashboards and reports, to enable actionable business insights and identify new opportunities based on customer and business data.
- An ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about solving difficult problems, learning complex systems, working with numbers, and organizing and communicating data and reports. S/he should be able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in a constantly evolving environment.
- S/he will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects and stakeholders at once, and capable of dealing with a high degree of ambiguity. Strong candidates will have hands-on operations/Supply Chain Management or inventory management experience and knowledge of fundamental business principles.
Key job responsibilities :
- Own and drive improvements in Instock, regional supply and fill rate from sellers/vendors.
- Drive cost optimization initiatives related to transportation, warehousing, packaging, shipping costs and product returns
- Act as single threaded leader for managing Demand & Supply, Logistics planning and Execution for Home & accessories brands
- Work with Brands and sellers to align demand & supply plan in line with brand's production plans and Sales plans.
- Lead automation projects to drive supply chain efficiencies and agility
- Participate in S&OP, Capacity Planning, Long Term and Short Term Operations planning as the business stakeholder
- Understand the unique business requirements of our business and work closely with the local and global product & analytics teams to guide the direction of new tools
- Influence business decision making by providing quantitative data analysis, which bring out insights and trends pertaining to business performance
Basic qualifications :
- MBA from a premier Indian or international business school.
- 3+ years of inventory planning, operations, retail or consulting, with a history of owning/driving results
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
- Self-starter with a passion for independent, creative problem-solving, strong ownership, high commitment and a strong business judgment.
- Enjoy working in a startup environment, with proven ability to innovate, prioritize and work customer backwards.
- Analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential. Demonstrated ability to work independently to make complex investigations
Preferred qualifications :
- Strong Analytical skills - has ability to ask right questions, analyze data, draws conclusion by making appropriate assumptions
- Experience in launching/adopting product features
- Must have proficiency in tools like MS Excel, MS Office etc and should be willing to learn and adopt newer tools quickly
- Good to have: Knowledge of SQL, Tableau/PowerBI and statistical software