Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:5835 Applications:728 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:160
Amazon - Manager - Operations - Relay Operations Team - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (3-10 yrs)
Manager II, Operations
Location : Hyderabad
1. Amazon's Relay Operations team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated team player to manage the movement of freight across Amazon's fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
An ideal candidate has a background in transportation and excellent leadership and management skills. He/she has the ability to pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems, and a proven track record of reducing the occurrence of problems due to proactive root cause elimination. This job will require exceptional communication and influencing skills while working in a high pressure environment with some ambiguity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to -
- Managing a team that works to resolve network problems in a timely way with high quality. Need the ability to analyze data and proactively identify opportunities to eliminate the root causes of these problems and ultimately reduce the overall number of problems/cases
- Ability to initiate and lead projects, and influence all levels of management to re-engineer business processes. Must be able to identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon's transportation operations
- Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Development of countermeasures and real time process improvements to address team deficiencies, both observed and through data analysis.
- Drive performance and quality related metrics for the entire team to achieve the right behavior and business results.
- Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon tech teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools.
- Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions based on available data.
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to create a narrative outlining your weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
2. Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 4+ years of applicable professional experience required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and/or experience with SQL (or any other query language)
- Strong analytical, technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and execute many complex tasks simultaneously
3. Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA or advanced degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
- Data management & data quality control experience with experience pulling and analyzing large sets of data in order to drive improvements and make business decisions
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause elimination and process improvement
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.