Amazon - Manager - Operations (8-14 yrs)
The Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) organization exists to keep our customers and partners safe, protect associates, and ensure legal and regulatory compliance. Compliance Operations (C-Ops) is the operational arm of the organization. The team partners with worldwide program teams to classify products and ensure Amazon's product listings follow regulatory and legal compliance guidelines.
C-Ops supports regulatory compliance requirements for Amazon's worldwide programs such as Restricted Products, Dangerous Goods, Global Trade Services, Product Assurance, Food Safety and Product Safety. C-Ops has offices across India, China, Poland, Romania, Netherlands, Jordan, and Costa Rica and supports compliance related needs for worldwide Amazon marketplaces.
Roles and Responsibility :
- You will be responsible for multiple operations teams supporting multiple categories that work on Amazon Catalog to classify products, which in turn enable a reliable and operationally effective flow of products across borders, and thus suffice Amazon internal customers across the globe (North & South America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Far East region) to deliver to their requirements.
- Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work to Compliance Managers & SME- s, strategize and drive compliance managers to execute procedures on work received, to estimate time on new jobs received, to check accuracy / quality of classification done, to ensure associates time records are maintained accurately, and to ensure Operational goals are met. As an operations manager, you would be responsible for managing a team of around 60-70 associates and would have 3-4 compliance managers reporting into you.
- Manage specialists and managers in driving operations goals and in turn support internal business units to ensure compliance with Custom regulations and other compliance requirements. Manager of frontline managers for core tasks within the programs.
- Collaborate with various Amazon teams & Stakeholders across geographies to formulate strategy, seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies.
- Work with Amazon's internal technology teams to develop thoughtful scalable creative compliance business processes and leverage data to improve Compliance at Amazon.
- Link all the programs to business metrics and built solutions keeping that in mind.
- Drives the culture of Inclusion & diversity in the team.
Key Performance Areas :
- Attracts talent, makes right hiring decisions along with Onboarding and continuous development of team.
- Deliver business goals for processes handled.
- Drive & meets the Operational goals for respective business functions measured under Cycle Time/ Productivity/ Quality/ Cost metrics.
- Mentor and guides Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, to improve process efficiency, to minimize variation, and to conceptualize, design & deliver trainings to the team.
Basic Qualification & Experience :
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations/Supply Chain, or other technical field.
- 8+ years- work experience & 4+ years of experience in a people management role managing at least 2-3 managers and indirectly at least 50+ people organization.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Adaptable to work in an ambiguous & dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated strong tactical level operator; comfortable with data analysis and detailed investigation; able to coordinate workload
- Dedicated or committed to creative problem solving, Outstanding attention to detail; & analytical skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience/certification in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies are advantageous
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.