HR Assistant at Amazon
Views:2709 Applications:959 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Amazon - Manager - Operations (5-15 yrs)
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
GSF India operations (part of Amazon India Operations) Transport Operations Manager with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional projects and programs for the Fresh supply chain. This role requires developing and monitoring key transportation indicators, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
- Creating dashboards to monitor transportation performance and relevant bridges with mechanisms to review~cost, transshipment efficiencies, planning/creating transportation nodes and relevant plans to improve end to end distribution performance across the fresh supply chain.
- Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects relevant to scale-ups, closing gap to benchmarks (if any)
- Set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics~close coordination with other functions, create benchmarks and continually evaluate progress
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
- Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
- Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
- Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
- Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
- Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
Basic Qualifications :
1.Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
2. 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
3. Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
4. Experience with data mining and data analysis
5. Experience using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
Preferred Qualifications :
1. Completed Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
2. Able to deal with a high degree of ambiguity
3. Able to take a complex problem and break it down to smaller digestible chunks
4. Able to define a logical and step by step approach to achieving a lofty goal
5. Comfortable with processes and process design/analysis
6. Operations Management experience in manufacturing, production or distribution environment is a plus
7. Have the ability to influence without authority and do so by using data and facts