HR Business Partner at Amazon
Views:4801 Applications:1274 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Amazon - Manager - Operations (5-15 yrs)
Job summary :
Amazon - where builders can build! We're looking for a smart, customer-obsessed innovators and owners to join our Operations Team.
Purview of an Operations Manager:
Manager-II, Operations is responsible for managing a team and facilitating flow of information across multiple stakeholders to resolve any potential issues that impact customer experience/ business continuity.
The candidate should have a basic understanding of the logistics space and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form. She/he should be able to come up with process improvements and drive them through to completion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Managing a shift and continuously identifying opportunities to improve shift performance and owning the associated change management.
- Managing key daily performance metrics to drive team performance and business results.
- Identifying the business impact of trends and making data backed decisions.
- Communicating with internal and external customers (Finance, Ops Excellence, Fulfillment Centers, Last Mile stations)
- Escalating problems or variances in the information and data to the relevant owners and following through on resolutions.
- Diving deep on key metrics using excel (in combination with internal dashboards). Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis, as needed, is a plus.
- Operational Planning for large sale event while ensuring that a balance of capacity, cost and quality is maintained.
Key job responsibilities :
- Drive continuous learning and process improvement culture change through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible hands-on leadership.
- Lead the learning, training and development for all the associates, process experts and managers in the positive correlation between customer experience and productivity
- Excellence implementation. Create and deploy a learning calendar and ensure 100% compliance
- Provide Strategic vision for the Operations Excellence program for project selection, scope, definition, and performance to ensure alignment with business strategy
- Drive tactical execution of key initiatives building and managing the road map to achieve the Operation Excellence team's vision.
- Support process improvements, best practice sharing, and standardization across all Amazon Logistics processes using Lean principles.
- Provide metrics inputs that support compliance of standard work and that drives improvements in cost and quality.
- Champion role wise standard work based on Lean principles despite the pressure to deviate regardless of the direction from which it comes.
- Gain consensus to push change forward while keeping variation between sites to a minimum.
- Collaborate and communicate with other global teams on best practices, internal and external benchmarking, talent development, continuous process improvement, programs of study and knowledge sharing.
- Working in different shifts