Partner - Talent Acquisition at Amazon
Views:2045 Applications:724 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Manager - Operations (11-21 yrs)
Amazon - Operations Manager - BPO/ITES
- Amazon is an eCommerce and Cloud Computing company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being the worlds most customer centric company.
- Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our sellers and vendors (selling partners). World-class retail brands and individual sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. To meet our selling partners needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
Job Mission :
- We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our team in Chennai to develop, manage, and support a large team of direct and indirect reports to support our speech and language technology.
- As an Operations Manager, you will become an expert in the processes. You will manage other leaders to ensure that data associates are adequately trained and supported. You will ensure that accuracy and standards are maintained and that risks and mitigation strategies are communicated across a globally distributed organization.
- This role will include managing individual and team performance expectations and goals; provide individual coaching feedback sessions; maintaining and improving quality and throughput of data; and monitoring real-time productivity to meet weekly deliverables.
In this role, you will :
- Manage day-to-day operations of a team of team managers and data associates including logistics, resource /equipment planning, staffing, quality control, and reporting
- Oversee the hiring & training of new team members and support their development
- Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
- Partner closely with the research team to adapt to changing conventions, tooling developments, and expansion to new data areas
- Collect, track, & present metrics related to processes, team accuracy and efficiency, and drive improvements in efficiency, throughput and cost across the organization
- Partner with the Knowledge Management, Capacity and Workforce Planning to prioritize and manage regular operational workflows as well as associated training needs
- Communicate effectively with other operations and/or program managers at other sites regarding risks, mitigation strategies, and success of project SLAs
- Continuously evaluate tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Utilize strategic thinking to plan/develop team and site growth to support data delivery
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical and logistical issues
- Ability to lead diverse talent within the team, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues
Basic qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or higher (Any Stream) with relevant experience of 11+ years with 4+ years of people management.
- Previous experience as an Operations, Project or Program Manager directly managing and developing front-line managers.
- Experience in understanding performance metrics and developing them to measure progress against key performance indicators
- Proficiency verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with process improvement/quality control tools and methods
Preferred qualifications :
- Masters Degree
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse talent within a team, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues
- Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Leadership experience in coaching and performance management
- Experience in managing process and operational escalations
- Experience with aspects of speech and language technology