Marketing Manager at Amazon
Views:5726 Applications:804 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:732
Amazon - Manager - Marketing (4-10 yrs)
Amazon - Manager - Marketing , Amazon Advertising
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused and passionate about e-commerce? Are you an experienced, entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
The successful candidate will set up and drive product marketing strategy for self serve advertising offerings. The role requires a high level of interaction and synergy with our product management, sales, operations and global teams. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, metrics and campaign management.
Operating in a fast-moving and ambiguous environment you will work autonomously taking full control and responsibility for achieving business objectives. You will be expected to define your business strategy, define and justify the operational plan and resources you require, and deliver on that plan. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever changing business climate.
Candidates who delight in optimizing scarce resources and can strategically outline effective solutions rapidly should apply. The role requires the person to dive really deep in to processes and systems, needing to be completely hands-on and manage and influence at a high level at the same time.
- Own the marketing strategy to drive awareness, adoption, and usage of selected services in the vendor enablement space.
- Create innovative marketing programs, campaigns and promotions across various channels, such as email marketing, events, online advertising, webinars, co-marketing with partners, blogs etc.
- Develop targeted messages based on the key value propositions and use cases.
- Work closely with service teams, sales/business development, PR, product management, evangelists, and other marketing and product managers to achieve goals.
- Create marketing collateral to support your campaigns including online, print and video media; manage internal & external agencies and creative partners.
- Use compelling and comprehensive data to measure performance of programs and drive innovation.
- Assist in the development of key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall financial performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
- Influence and evangelize with senior leadership in our Retail, Marketplace and Operations organizations.
- Work with the product managers to define necessary product/service improvements and new areas for innovation.
- Deep knowledge of online marketing methods, tools and strategies; ability to plan, develop and execute complex multi-platform campaigns.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use customer research, hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, generate credible forecasts, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs.
- Strengths in problem solving and issue-resolution, ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Outstanding skills at initiating, managing and growing strategic relationships with third parties, vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Team-oriented, with the ability to work with and influence others in remote organizations.
- Deep knowledge of online marketing methods, tools and strategies; ability to plan, develop and
- The candidate will have a background in product marketing (ideally B2B), and experience with a rapidly growing a business.
- General knowledge of e-commerce and target market segments (e.g. media, apparel, and electronics), processes, industry standards, regulations, and the current business trends.
- 24+ months professional marketing experience
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Experience managing large-scale campaigns and other marketing programs
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- MBA is required
- Experience with market research methods
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Proficiency with online marketing and CRM tools such as Salesforce.com, Marketo, etc. is a plus
- Experience in either e-commerce or B2B / enterprise technology is a plus