Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:9279 Applications:382 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Amazon - Manager - Learning & Development (7-11 yrs)
Learning and Development Manager
External job description :
The TRON team is an initiative which partners with the Amazon Robotics team to remotely handle exceptions in the Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers in North America.The TRON technology enables the human supervisory control of automated tasks. In the TRON system, a remote associate provides supervisory control when automated tasks fail for any reason. This allows us to avoid falling into the 90/10 trap where a task can be 90% automated but requires 90% of the time for the last 10% of functionality. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
The TRON team is looking for a Learning and Development Manager.
The Learning and Development Manager will manage multiple learning programs for employees and leaders. This includes leading needs analysis activities, setting program strategy and direction, working with instructional designers and subject matter experts to develop or modify content, managing external stakeholder relationships, organizing and overseeing the development of facilitators, handling system administration and course logistics, and providing course evaluation/impact statistics and analysis. Courses cover a broad range of leadership and professional development topics, and are executed on a global scale, requiring planning and coordination across regions. There is a high volume of activity at various points throughout the year, so strong organization skills and a bias for action and automation are critical.
Building strong working relationships across key stakeholder groups, the Learning and Development Manager will continually dive deep to understand the learning needs, using data and insights into the business to build or adapt learning methods, materials or technology that will support the learners. The programs involve a high degree of engagement with executive sponsors and subject matter experts, as well as facilitators, so the ability to identify and balance multiple demands and interests from stakeholders is key. Demonstrating strong curiosity and a high degree of capability with gathering and organizing the data involved in learning programs is critical, as the responsibilities involve continuous inspection for effectiveness and identification of opportunities to simplify and scale.
As TRON continues to build and expand across regions, the Learning and Development Manager will play a central role in reinventing learning models, systems and delivery methods. The use of more blended, virtual, self-directed and experiential learning models will be emphasized over traditional classroom delivery, so adaptability and creativity will be important. While the Learning and Development Manager will be able to consult and work with instructional designers on significant redesign efforts, a basic amount of design work will be done periodically within programs in order to keep the content and delivery aligned with learning needs.
Primary responsibilities include :
- Collaborate with business leaders at all levels to build and manage a variety of learning and development programs and offerings
- Develop and experiment with new learning solutions and creating intellectual property that advances the impact for learners; developing programmatic solutions with multiple connection points across offerings
- Build a comprehensive set of analytics to measure learning effectiveness and impact; managing evaluation for assigned programs
- Align and develop resources to deliver on strategy (subject matter experts, L&D teams, program budgets, technologies, etc.); leading learning projects that require significant ingenuity and innovation to deploy.
- Manage general logistics and administration for assigned individual learning programs
- Lead the development and delivery of learning programs; partnering with instructional design to build or adapt programs
- Periodic facilitation of program content
- Communicate and guide access to programs; ensures key stakeholder understanding of the investment and impact of learning programs
- Ensure high quality, consistent and innovative approaches for delivering programs in a rapidly growing and changing organization
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.