Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:31123 Applications:922 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:259
Amazon - Manager - Investigation (10-15 yrs)
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
What is TRMS?
Our mission is to always deliver on our service standards for our Customers and partners, and with zero defects, at the lowest possible cost. Through technology and our people we manage risk across multiple geographies for multiple markets having its own diverse set if buyers and sellers. We focus on customers and scale through innovation. The TRMS team safeguards the order pipelines by monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long term customer satisfaction.
Summary of Responsibilities
Manager of manager's role
- In charge of managing multiple entry level managers. This would consist of one or more teams of Investigation specialists (~75-90 headcount) who investigate buyer or seller transactions on Amazon platforms and take appropriate actions based on processes, tools and high-judgment decisions.
- As a people manager, provide leadership and administrative support to their team(s) and manage them to focus on the people development of their team, minimize the impact of bad debt by meeting decision quality targets, constantly meet/exceed service levels based on capacity and team delivery, execute road mapped projects with various stakeholders.
- In addition to being responsible for achieving and exceeding team's defined metrics through rigorous performance management she / he will be expected to participate in strategic planning, project road mapping activities of the team.
- The key to success in this role is the ability to understand the TRMS vision and make independent decisions with sound judgment to manage their teams to attain that vision.
The incumbent is required to demonstrate performance in the following areas:
- Metrics, by consistently leading the group of managers to meet the goals aligned to bad debt reduction, improved customer experience and meet service levels as per targets. Will also be accountable to represent the performance of his entire team/sub-function at various platforms worldwide. The candidate would need be able to dive deep on metrics and facilitate the solutions.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that the team delivers as per plan, and will actively work with various teams to on board resources for the team.
- Process Improvement, by delivering significant Business impacts and contributions to their company through improvement to quality, productivity, or customer experience.
- Work with various stakeholders within and outside TRMS to ensure feature prioritization and delivery of process level improvements. The candidate will have to enable his team to deliver on improvements. Consistently demonstrates timely delivery of projects on roadmap to support the team and department vision
- People Development, by developing the career and skills of their Managers and Investigator teams through continuous closure of performance feedback loops. Is expected to setup governance mechanisms on people processes. The manager would be responsible for engaging people, identifying training needs within his teams and accordingly upskill. Responsible for creation of a roadmap based on improvement areas and career aspirations and track adherence. Should work towards creating a strong succession plan within his team.
- Should be able to hire the best for his teams and for Amazon as well and be able to act as a mentor.
Networking: The candidate also needs to communicate with multiple stakeholders within the organization - the peer group as well support functions to ensure smooth delivery of the processes being handled. Keep abreast of trends and fraud issues impacting the retail industry. Ensure that Amazon is leading the curve in identifying and preventing new fraud attacks.
- Extensive relevant industry experience (10-15 years) across Operations, Risk, Fraud investigations etc.
- 5+ years of managerial experience of which 2+ years should be in the capacity of managing front line managers.
- Has shown consistent performance in leading people.
- Exceptional operational, managerial, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree is required to apply for this position.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel, Word).
- Multi-lingual skills (German, Japanese or French) or experience in Managing Multi-lingual team members/ Processes in these languages
- MBA in relevant field of Operations
- Exposure to quality tools like Six Sigma, Lean operations
- Proven experience across the domain of Risk Management & Fraud. A track record driving change and innovation