Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:14654 Applications:161 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:86
Amazon - Manager - Indirect Taxation (10-15 yrs)
External Job Description
The ideal candidate will focus approximately 70% to 80% of their time on the following:
- Analyzing business transactions and initiatives, partnering with various teams and functioning as an in-house tax advisor
- Researching advanced Indian VAT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Service Tax and Central Excise Tax and other indirect tax issues - working with tax authorities and outside advisers as necessary - as part of a global tax team
- Developing and evaluating Indian VAT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Service Tax and Central Excise Tax and other indirect tax planning opportunities and strategies
- Maintaining and communicating knowledge of past, present and potential future Indian indirect tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions
- Assisting in computation and timely payment of VAT, WCT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Excise and Service Taxes and filing of returns
- Continues monitoring of applicability of various state specific transit forms and ensure compliance with the state specific regulatory requirement
- Assisting with managing relationships with outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis
- Managing and coordinating VAT, Service Tax audits, including audit preparation, responding to document requests, Litigation support etc.
In addition to supporting tax planning, the ideal candidate will focus approximately 20% to 30% of their time on the following:
- Providing support to the Indian based accounting team responsible for tax accounting and reconciliations
- Reviewing financial data for proper application of consumption tax laws and advising on development and maintenance of accounting systems which provide tax information required to be reported
- Preparing and managing tax reporting packages for the Indian subsidiaries
- Assisting with managing, coordinating and reviewing Indian tax compliance and reporting obligations including local country statutory account tax provision and related disclosures, corporation tax returns, consumption tax returns, consumption tax reconciliations, etc. Developing recommendations for compliance process improvements.
This position interacts with the company's U.S. and Indian business and support units, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross-functional teams. The candidate must be able to communicate complex corporate and indirect tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
- Basic Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8+ years of Indian corporate and indirect tax experience with public accounting firm, major law firm, and/or in industry, preferably a multinational corporation. The job requires excellent written and oral communication skills and an understanding of Indian tax laws, particularly indirect taxes.
- Degree in law or accounting - chartered/cost accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation preferred
- Understanding of accounting concepts preferred
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Hard working, quicker learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism
- Partner well with people at all levels within an organization
- Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
- Excellent Excel and general computer skills
- Ability to understand and work with ERP systems
- Preferred Qualifications
Should have worked in a Big 4 accounting firm and should have analytical as well as working knowledge of VAT knowledge of different states as well as Service tax
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.