Partner - Talent Acquisition at Amazon
Views:1602 Applications:405 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Manager - Digital Marketing (5-12 yrs)
At Kindle, our vision is to offer every book, ever written, in any language, in print or out of print, all available in less than 60 seconds. We work every day on behalf of customers and readers to solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity, simplicity and the spirit of innovation that is part of our DNA- and we want you to help Kindle in our continuing mission to reinvent reading.
We're making history, and we've only just begun.
Amazon Kindle Content Store is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Marketing Manager to help expand our business and create innovative customer experiences. This position is based in Bangalore.
The Marketing Manager will support marketing of Kindle eBooks, and will play a key role in driving traffic growth through managing and optimizing campaigns and identifying new opportunities based on customer and business data. The role will focus on marketing through owned and operated channels, with an emphasis on site merchandizing across cross-site and Kindle store pages including the Kindle app, and outbound channels (email, push notifications).
The role requires a high level of interaction and synergy with cross category, Events and Traffic teams. This position involves regular communication with senior leadership on status, metrics and campaign management.
Technical requirements include HTML, XML and Excel, plus the ability to learn in-house tools quickly. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, and work well with multiple teams. In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, this Site Merchandiser will be able to prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will be innovative, internally motivated, can balance creative and analytical thinking, and demonstrate a deep understanding of our customers (readers). He/she will have experience in brand building and/or new product marketing, have strong interest in and some experience with online merchandising, and demonstrated experience in designing marketing campaigns that are built on an understanding of consumers- triggers and barriers to purchase.
Key Responsibilities :
- Be a passionate advocate for customers and help ensure a thorough and intuitive user experience
- Establish and create a world-class destination for Kindle eBooks, including homepage(s), browse structures, search indexes, promotional and merchandising strategies;
- Owning one or more key traffic drivers (such as email marketing) for the category, and working as a category advocate with central traffic teams
- Plan, coordinate, & execute marketing initiatives across channels: email, push, on site, & on device.
- Drive site improvements and new features to completion by coordinating with project managers, web developers, designers, marketers, and other merchandisers.
- Planning and executing the marketing calendar. This includes email programs, new releases, cross-category placements, developing and executing Amazon site-wide events
- Understand and use merchandising and customer-facing metrics to guide decision making
- Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing, identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary
- Analyze traffic patterns and optimize for seasonality, relevance, and selection.
- Regularly develop, test and analyze new merchandising tactics that sell products across all categories and increase conversion rates, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Marketing, business or other relevant field of study
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 2+ years in online marketing / digital marketing / brand marketing or product marketing
- Experience in making data-driven decisions, developing customer insights from data and create communication strategies incorporating them. Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up feature and customer segmentation recommendations.
- Capability to meet our technical requirements, which include HTML, XML and Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, dynamically prioritize work and meet tight deadlines while maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in product, tech and finance, manage relationships with vendors and third parties, and influence internal stakeholders in remote locations
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and autonomously, while remaining consistent with the vision and priorities for the category, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write crisp documents and communicate effectively in reviews and meetings
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Master's degree in marketing or MBA
- Work Experience in managing online marketing for digital services
- Familiarity with SQL queries
- A passion for books and reading
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.