Amazon - Manager - Content Insights (4-10 yrs)
Amazon.in is looking for a Content Insights Analyst to support the content acquisition team to identify ever-changing consumer content preferences, to evaluate content deals and provide the analytical horse power for the content team. The primary responsibility is to design/implement/manage/own a content analysis framework by establishing customer preferences, leveraging existing tools/workflows and also other data sources that are relevant to evaluating and making a sound business decision.
The role will have responsibility for driving deep insights about consumer content preferences, data collection and analysis, and interpreting results, communicating this to the team and influencing the decision making process to delight our customers. Longer-term, the objective is to drive continuous improvement using post-deal analysis and modifying the framework.
This position will also work across organizational business units by identifying opportunities to collaborate with Customer Experience Design, and Market and Consumer Insights to provide a great customer experience. The role will also work with teams in international locales and leverage their learnings/expertise.
To accomplish this, the Content insights Analyst must have advanced experience of quantitative analysis in a consumer internet company or in covering the sector (e-Com, media, and analytics/consultancy), experience of using analytical tools and databases, solving complex questions using high-quality detailed analysis.
Help create the future of Indian digital entertainment with Amazon.
Some of the key result areas include, but not limited to :
- Establish and own a content analysis framework using existing tools and data sources that are relevant to identifying customer demand.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key content decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data with new and existing tools. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
- Work closely with content acquisition managers and key stakeholders to understand content deals, analyze it against customer demand, benchmark against competitive offerings and create actionable recommendations.
- Understand trends related to content and recommend strategies to stakeholders to help drive business growth. Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines. Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business.
- The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon's core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
Basic qualifications :
- 3+ years relevant experience in financial/business analysis
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in Excel
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in market research, statistics, economics or mathematics
- 7+ years of work experience with at least 4 years of experience working in a similar role
- Experience in a consumer internet company or the consumer internet eco-system including research analytics/consultancy with working experience of internet analytics tools and databases.
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, data mining and financial analysis and delivering value-added insights and recommendations.
- Exposure to data mining tools like SQL, SAS, SPSS, Tableau etc
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Deadline driven, team player, with strong customer focus
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for entertainment - TV shows and movies.
Preferred qualifications :
- Understanding of content acquisition models and evaluation metrics. Working knowledge of Indian media databases and tools like BARC