Amazon - Manager - Content Acquisition (10-15 yrs)
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon.in is seeking an experienced, dynamic, data-driven content acquisition resource. The role will have responsibility for creating, managing and expanding our content provider network and relationships. The individual in this role will have deep understanding of their content market, drive relationships with producers, television networks and content owners/aggregators, with the mission of improving customer experience by delivering comprehensive content selection and superior customer experience to our Amazon customers. This role will also involve negotiating license agreements and secure great content selection for Amazon. It's a mix of strategy and execution.
The role's responsibilities include:
- Create Amazon's content strategy driven by data analysis, customer preferences and market dynamics.
- Identify content opportunities and partnerships with producers, studios, TV broadcasters and content owners/aggregators.
- Negotiate license agreements with large and small content providers to secure high demand content for the service.
- Benchmark content and create a strategy / tactical plan to bridge the content gap.
- Build and manage relationships with CEOs and heads of studios.
- Focus on understanding customer needs, pain points, behaviors and preferences; seek feedback and invent new delightful experiences on their behalf.
- Work closely with colleagues in other departments and locations to develop new services and product offerings.
- Analyze the market segment conditions, challenges and opportunities.
- Dive deep and analyze customer viewership data, focus groups, online surveys, in-person interviews, external benchmarking and other forms of secondary research. Analyse metrics/results to drive improvements in acquisitions strategy.
- Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management.
- Work with other teams to present content to our customers, be the strongest internal voice of our customers.
- Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon's relationship with its content suppliers
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- A proven track record content licensing, content acquisition and/or customer-facing media company.
- Strong interest and knowledge about content - movies & TV
- 10+ years of experienced in a high volume account management, licensing or business development role
- Proven ability in negotiating complex license or business development agreements in high pressure environments
- Excellent relationship management, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Deep understanding of local as well as international content eco-system and operating structures of the content business
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.