Amazon - Manager - Business Development (6-11 yrs)
Manager, Business Development
Manager, BD will define seller facing business strategy, drive core flywheel inputs and deliver results via influencing internal teams and leveraging expertise of seller business understanding for ecommerce for certain set of categories.
S/he will need to identify areas of selection expansion, improvement in selection efficiency, levers of seller growth, top line growth and key projects for the category s/he handles. In doing so, s/he will engage with multiple stakeholders across the organization including Category, Sales & Business Development and Account Management teams. S/he will champion the requirements for the category, scale up categories while raising the bar on creating flywheel success for sellers in those categories.
Role and Responsibilities :
- People Management responsibility
- Business Development
- Define category focus for the Marketplace organization
- Collaborate with Category Management and Sales for brand/seller recruitment
- Attend tradeshows and other seller-facing events to identify key sellers, brands who may want to operate as sellers and understand category-relevant trends
- Approve deals based on SOP agreed with category management (and other teams like Finance or Site Merchandising, as necessary)
- Resolve seller-related escalations for the Marketplace, where SOPs do not suffice, and BDM intervention is required
- Strategic Projects
- Lead deployment of seller-facing features & functionality within category
- Identify and initiate projects for improving seller program & platform
- Lead scalable projects to improve data & product
- Seller engagement
- Provide inputs to Account Management for identifying strategic sellers
- Share category goals and best practices with sellers
- Perform high-level business reviews - understand their strategy and goals
- Communicate category-specific policy changes
- Identify marketing opportunities within the category
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and mitigate category specific seller issues (counterfeit, gray market goods, review abuse, etc.)
- Business Reporting
- Represent the Marketplace business for the category at review meetings
- Provide financial planning inputs
- Analyze the business to understand trends, shifts, spikes/dips etc.
Basic qualifications :
- Understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with exposure to prior interactions with sellers and distributors.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience analyzing data and best practices to assess performance drivers.
- 6+ years of sales experience.
- MBA or equivalent, with at least 6 years of experience in Sales/Account management, E-commerce or retail.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in directly leading operational and project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
Preferred qualifications. :
- Work experience in consumer product sales/marketing or in e-commerce.
- Prior experience influencing C-level executives.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.