Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:4672 Applications:355 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:85
Amazon - Manager - Accounting - CA/ICWA (12-15 yrs)
We are seeking a results-focused, quality-driven accounting leader who has demonstrated extensive experience in handling accounting, finance, reporting processes (Record to Report) and MIS.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity; detail oriented and will possess the ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Equally important for success in this role is the ability to lead diverse teams of professionals to new levels of success in a variety of complex tasks as the business continues to grow.
A candidate should have strong technical GAAP accounting and hands-on experience in developing innovative solutions for enhanced Controllership and process/system improvement.
The successful candidate should have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, primarily driving innovation on behalf of our stakeholders.
1. Leading the month/quarter/ yearend activities of Retail operations including the closing of sub-ledgers, general ledger account reconciliations, reporting, and balance sheet account analysis to deliver the accurate financial statements.
2. Leading financial close review with controllership team including month-end close call, finalization of P&L accounts, Balance Sheet and trial balance.
3. Driving controllership as a function. Responsible for preparing and reviewing the Balance sheet and P&L Schedules for the controllership review. Highlighting and driving the necessary action points.
4. Leading the team to prepare and understand the month end flux analysis for all P&L and Balance sheet accounts with the in-depth analysis.
5. Understanding and influencing the design of financial systems. Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures and internal controls are in place, documented and drive process improvements.
6. Responsible for SOX compliance, manage risk assessment, internal control and get the alignment of improvements/changes from leadership/Controllership team. Responsible for ensuring the accounting policies are strictly followed across the business and legal entity.
7. Interact and working closely with the Internal and External auditors on audit related queries and ensure timely completion of the audits.
8. Working closely with the stakeholders to provide high-quality deliverables to them. Being the first point of contact to address any escalations.
9. Actively lead strategic initiatives and special projects or process improvement initiatives. Leading the teams to perform and support new business/system launches including UAT.
10. Leading, coaching and developing a team of the financial analysts, staff accountants, team leads and managers across various accounting processes to ensure consistent delivery of high-quality work by the team. This also includes goal setting, performance review management of the team, identifying improvement/ training plans and other related activities.
11. Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and knowledge in accounting and apply this in-depth knowledge, principles, and systems design to recognize complex and unique issues and develop resolution and/or consistently consult with leadership in order to achieve resolution.
Knowledge & Skills/ Education & Experience
- ACA - Chartered Accountant / ICWA - Cost Accountant with 8-10 years of post-qualification experience in Business Controls / Corporate Accounting / Audits / Reporting
- Strong accounting skills.
- Experience in effectively managing and developing the team.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong customer focus - both Internal / External
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills - including written and oral communication skills.
- Retail industry experience (Preferred)
- Experience using Oracle Financial Applications (Preferred)
- Expertise in Six Sigma defect reduction techniques (DMAIC, etc.) (Preferred)