Amazon - Head - Production Finance - Prime Video (10-20 yrs)
About Amazon Prime Video :
"It would be impossible to produce results in an environment as dynamic as the internet without extraordinary people." - Jeff Bezos
Amazon Prime Video is shaping the future of digital video entertainment in India. The Amazon Studios org. develops Original content that inspires customers to talk about us and sign-up to watch. We seek a Senior Manager, Production Finance supporting our fast growing television and film studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a high growth stage and lead the production accounting and finance functions for local productions, both movies and TV, and within TV both scripted and unscripted television, across multiple Indian languages.
The successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls, and financial reporting processes. The individual will also be charged with overseeing the month-end financial reporting process, technical accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review. This position will team with the operating businesses to develop industry leading processes with respect to studio production finance. This role will also oversee the development and implementation of systems to automate manual inefficient processes.
This role will oversee all facets of the production finance operations and accounting process: from production accounting team management to ensuring timely and accurate reporting of actual and estimated show costs, through final tax credit submissions and show closure. You will be part of a dynamic and creative Production Finance team working directly with our production business units.
This role will collaborate closely with the physical production team on budgets and analyses and is responsible for protecting company assets through cash management and ongoing monitoring of adherence to policies and procedures. The successful candidate will exhibit cross-functional dynamic collaboration with all business partners to provide shows with accurate and timely production finance support towards the end goal of producing great content on time and within budgets.
The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives and recommendations. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
The role requires a seasoned leader and business partner who is a self-starter and able to work autonomously as well as cross-functionally with internal teams including Production, Creative Development, Business Affairs, Legal, Finance, and Accounting. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the television and film original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
Key responsibilities :
- Review production budgets and cost reports, oversee project funding for our productions. Track efficiency of production spend and assist with month-end accruals and forecasting.
- Manage production finance workflows, including cash flow and funding processes, reporting, and managing claiming and receiving of tax incentives.
- Maintain effective controllership in a high growth business. Ensure that the Amazon Studios' production policies and procedures are uniformly implemented, and that everything is in accordance with standards established by Amazon.
- Partner with production, creative and studios executives to find opportunities for cost optimization and efficiencies. Compile thoughtful post-mortem analyses to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop / improve consistent, scalable financial reporting processes, controls, and policies, including adoption of new technologies to drive automation.
- Externally, liaise with production companies, auditors and other vendors on project milestones and costs. Work closely and collaboratively with Amazon teams including Legal, Tax, Business Affairs, Production, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, and IT.
- Travel to production locations where our shows are filming to review workflows, and effectiveness of accounting staff.
- Stay abreast of current and changing industry trends, evolving technologies and production incentives
- Manage a fast growing team establishing priorities, setting objectives, providing guidance and feedback. Ensure that production finance teams are providing the highest level of accounting support on shows.
This role will be based in Mumbai, India
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting (including professional designations like Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant)
- 12+ years of varied finance experience, including finance business partnering for supply chain area in large / high-growth companies
- Proven ability to lead a key finance vertical, hire and develop a team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a track record of developing and presenting detailed financial analyses and insights to senior management clearly and concisely
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Prior experience in an accounting or finance role in a television or film production studio is preferred
- Understanding of production incentives, payroll processes, union labor agreements and tax requirements is an added advantage
- Proficiency in advanced Excel, financial software (e.g. COGNOS), data mining tools (e.g. SQL, Airtable) and production accounting systems (e.g. Movie Magic Budgeting) is desirable
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.