Recruiter at Amazon
Views:1571 Applications:321 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Amazon - Head - Business Intelligence & Analytics Team (10-15 yrs)
India Operations is looking for an innovative, hands-on and customer-obsessed Leader for its Business Intelligence and Analytics team. Candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and should be able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
The India Trans BI and Analytics team is chartered with the responsibility of maintaining and creating data sources, building visualization platforms thereby enabling faster decision making through making data and analysis available to all India users ( AMZL - Last Mile logistics, ATS - Sort Centers, Linehaul and Air haul, GSF - Prime Now and Prime Food businesses ). The team also undertakes consultative business problems that demand data science / analytics oriented solutions.
A successful candidate will have very strong statistical and predictive modelling knowledge, be comfortable with data warehousing and data structures, have strong analytic and communication skills, and have a passion for using data to drive business decisions. You should also be excited to pioneer new methods and approaches to solve problems. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that attacks complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and "so what" rather than just superficial trends. We are looking for an individual that thrives by providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. Beyond the data and models, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure.
Basic qualifications :
- Masters in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a related highly quantitative field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and machine learning
- 3+ years of leading teams of analytics professionals to solve problems with statistical/analytical solutions
- 2+ years of experience with statistical modeling tools (R, Python, SAS, etc.)
- 2+ year of experience with advanced SQL, and scalable data storage and processing systems
- Track record of solving never seen before problems
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and data presentation skill
Preferred qualifications :
- PhD in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a related highly quantitative field
- Experience in defining an analytics vision and getting buy-in from senior leaders
- Experience using AWS services for data analytics (i.e., Redshift, Kinesis, Data Pipeline, EMR, etc.)