Amazon - Head - Brand Strategy & Planning - Prime Video (13-20 yrs)
Amazon Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, offering multiple ways to instantly stream and watch videos. Our mission is to build the widest selection of digital video content and make it trivially easy for customers to enjoy great content wherever and whenever they want.
To help us fulfil this mission, we are looking for a customer-obsessed marketing mind to strengthen our ability to delight customers. If you want to operate at start up speed, solve some of the hardest problems and help build a service that customers love, Amazon Prime Video might just be the place for you.
- Amazon Prime Video India is looking for a results-oriented, creative, and digitally savvy brand marketer to lead the development of our Brand Strategy & Service Marketing objectives. The Head of Brand Strategy & Service Marketing will be responsible for building a world-class customer brand and supporting exceptional growth of the service in tight time-frames.
- This person will be a brilliantly talented strategist with a passion for deeply understanding customers and translating that knowledge into actionable results.
- The Head of Brand Strategy & Service Marketing must bring together their right- and left-brain acumen to uncover insights and creative inspiration to help find new perspectives on the Prime Video brand and what it means for customers.
- This person will be passionately customer-centric and have a deep portfolio that demonstrates a track record of bringing strategic thinking and focus to marketing, advertising, and customer acquisition objectives.
- We are seeking someone who will empathetically obsess over our customer and their journey to discover more of Prime Video and how Prime Video improves their daily lives.
- Work closely with global Prime Video/Prime teams and local marketing teams to build a strong, locally relevant Prime Video brand
- Strong project manager with the ability to engage productively and successfully with key stakeholders across creative, media, marketing, product, research & measurement teams
- Lead customer marketing and demand generation for new Prime Video initiatives
- Lead a team of specialists in raising the bar on social media and community building
- Be the strategic leader in working with internal/external partners on brand development, oversee the mass and digital brand marketing media budget, and ensure a cohesive brand proposition is presented to our customers
- Translate internal and external research into insight that powers service marketing and advertising strategies
- Owner of service marketing linked to benefits on Prime Video and Features (ex: Language UIs)
- Drive customer-cohort focussed marketing initiatives (ex: Regional Customers)
- Anchor consistent and rigorous measurement and optimization of ATL and marketing spends
- Excel at diving deep into specific projects/initiatives but come up often to see where the strategy needs alignment, keeping stakeholders informed and in-sync, especially Prime Video and XCM teams
Basic qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing / Advertising & Communications / Business Administration; MBA a plus
- 13+ years of relevant brand marketing experience
- Proven experience as a leader in the development of brands for the long-term
- A remarkable portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong creative vision
- Experience with an entertainment / content business leading the brand and product marketing mandates would be an advantage
- Deep knowledge of marketing methods and strategies; experience planning, developing and executing complex marketing programs
- Solid quantitative/analytical and budget management skills
- Deep understanding of off-line and digital media strategy and planning
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
Preferred qualifications :
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written, with an ability to communicate with all levels in the organization- across business, marketing, content, product and finance teams
- Proven track record in leading high-performance teams
- You have success developing strongly differentiated positioning and segmentation strategies for consumer products/categories that have met or exceeded business objectives. You have qualified and developed best in class creative for regional markets within a global brand framework
- Deep experience in ATL media strategy, planning and execution
- Strong planning skills with a proven record in creating big brand/communications ideas with rigorous and robust analytical skills. Proven track record using data-driven insights and translating into brilliant business-driving communication solutions
- You have proven experience planning and developing digital brand and media campaigns across key channels that support customer acquisition objectives
- Someone who enjoys working with teams to quickly iterate hypotheses and deliver on business priorities
- You like getting your hands dirty in day-to-day tasks to get things done
- Great breakthrough creative instincts and proficiency with developing test plans to validate hypotheses
- Comfort with navigating and leading in ambiguous situations; able to operate in a start-up environment, where leaders are owners, wear multiple hats, and effortlessly think and act both strategically and tactically
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Humble yet confident and emotionally intelligent; an exceptional communicator who can read a room and hear beyond what's said to detect subtext and nuances