Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:4541 Applications:846 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Amazon - Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis (3-5 yrs)
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
- This Financial Planning & Analysis SFA will provide controllership and analytical support to the dynamic and rapidly growing India business. Responsibilities include planning, budgeting, long range strategic planning, reporting, operating expense forecasting, financial metrics reporting, and implementing new processes. Additionally the SFA will drive the annual Operations Planning for India Ops.
- Other responsibilities include ad hoc analysis such as evaluating contracts, internal audits and new FC location analyses. The SFA will be a key partner to the business team, influencing and guiding decision-making and being a key bridge between the local finance and business teams with Seattle HQ organization. Any candidate should be able to work well with cross-functional teams of business managers, operations, software development, accounting, and finance.
Primary Job Duties:
- Create monthly financials reports
- Drive process for financial planning, forecasting including annual operating plans
- Coordinate Submissions to central/corporate FP&A
- Define Submission Deliverables including Dates, Recurrence, and Analytics Required
- Identify and communicate risks / opportunities
- Ensure appropriate Analytics were performed for all FP&A submissions
- Ensure appropriate Business team / Finance team input and sign off for all FP&A submissions
- Overseeing and providing analytical support for business optimization initiatives.
- Ensuring financial controls are in place and are followed, maintaining data integrity.
- Managing the financial close process, accounting, and results reporting.
- CA/ MBA (finance) / CFA
- 6 or more years relevant experience in FP&A and 2-3 years of relevant team management experience.
- Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling skills
- Experience with financial reporting
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Strong financial analysis, financial modeling skills, and familiarity with
- Data Warehouse environment. SQL knowledge a plus.
- Prior knowledge of cognos / TM1 a plus
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Distribution Center processes and systems a plus
- SQL knowledge and experience with Oracle Financial is a plus
- Knowledge of supply chain, warehouse, transportation processes and systems is a plus