Amazon - Finance Manager/Senior Financial Analyst - CA/IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (8-10 yrs)
As a Senior Financial Analyst for the West zone in Last Mile (AMZL), you will be responsible for high level of stakeholder management, team leadership, business partnering and ability to balance multiple priorities without compromising timelines or quality of work.
Top Skills :
- Strong financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Weekly, Monthly Variance Analysis & reporting
- Designing financial reports in Excel/Cognos/Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and business sense.
- Ability to simplify financial processes and reports.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment
Roles & Responsibilities
- Headcount reporting and management for LM.
- Controllership over purchase requisitions to ensure compliance over established Amazon processes
- Ensure cash process adherence by tracking COMP closure, COD remittance compliance and SP loss recoveries
- Tracking short cash recoveries along with zonal channel managers
- Timely review of Fixed/ad hoc and IHS vans considering new station launches and channel allocation
- Approval of monthly purchase orders for all types of zonal spends, Reviewing IN LM Manpower cost on monthly basis and approving spends
B. Business Partnering
- Monthly & Quarterly Business reviews with Zonal managers, operations and support function stakeholders
- Timely support to business stakeholders by analysing data and sharing actionable insights
- Partnering with operations to achieve desirable channel mix in order to optimize cost
- Identifying key input metrics for cost optimization (like productivity improvement of DAs/SSAs, small packages delivered through Vans, Part Time contribution, control over block pricing) and work with Operations to drive improvement.
C. New Business Launches
- Partnering with stakeholders and providing guidance to support to new business launches
- Partner with Projects, Real Estate, Supply Chain, Operations and Procurement teams to evaluate capex investment in delivery stations
- Evaluate ROI and expense against budgets for all capex investments, and work towards getting requisite approvals from leadership.
- Manage the budget setup of approved projects to ensure accurate cost recognition and review the PRs against budgets while approving
D. Planning and Budgeting
- Support fixed and variable cost budgeting and forecasting for the annual Operating Plan and long term plans for Last Mile Delivery Stations
- Review of actual costs vs plan
E. Month end Close
- Evaluating accruals shared by Business and other support functions
- Managing monthly financial close process, accounting and reporting
- Resolving audit queries
- Publishing Fuel report for the month with insights Zonal wise spend.
Basic qualifications :
Skills & Experience:
- CA/MBA from premier business schools.
- 8+ years of related experience in a corporate environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Expertise with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficient in driving cross functional discussions and agenda on cost consciousness and productivity
Preferred qualifications :
Skills & Experience:
- Strong communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management.
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.