Recruiter at Amazon
Views:642 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Amazon - Executive - Business Affairs (10-14 yrs)
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are looking for a business affairs executive to add to Amazon Studios' Indian film and television group. This role will join a team responsible for supporting our Amazon Studios Local Originals team across all original film, scripted and unscripted deals in emerging India, in multiple local languages, markets and multi-territory deals. The role will be based in Mumbai.
Key job responsibilities
This Business Affairs Executive role will be responsible above-the-line talent deals (i.e., writer, producer, director, cast, etc.), development deals (i.e., original scripts, book rights, format rights, etc.) and production company deals. The candidate will be able to efficiently communicate status and tradeoffs with Indian leadership and other members of the Amazon Studios team including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Tax and Legal, as well as collaborate with Amazon business affairs executives in other territories to propose cross-territory business solutions. Further, this candidate will support Amazon's Legal Affairs team by providing local inputs on agreements and helping to address production issues as they arise.
A day in the life
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with various regional agents, managers and outside attorneys, and possess the necessary experience to effectively blend custom and practice across territories and regions. A strong working knowledge of international film and television industry agreements, development and production methodologies, and market parameters for all such agreements is important. Further this candidate should understand multi-territory guild regulations, contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry), and possess communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
This business affairs executive must be able to manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate within corporate parameters, and remain cool and levelheaded in pressurized situations. A successful candidate is expected to be able collaborate with a team of talented Indian business affairs executives and across the studio, build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions and generate client satisfaction through creative thinking and risk analysis.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science and Law Degree/Qualified Solicitor or equivalent
- A thorough understanding of Indian entertainment industry customs and practices.
- Significant and established experience in original production entertainment deal making, with experience commensurate with a senior lawyer at a respected Indian entertainment law firm, head legal counsel, or senior business affairs executive working for a major scripted production company/studio or network.
- Proven management capabilities and team growth capabilities.
- English language fluency
- Good understanding of various international scripted, unscripted and film media business models.
- Trusted and established relationships with Indian entertainment agents, lawyers and production companies.
- Commercial and business affairs expertise.
- Ability to understand and help devise new business models.
- Deep interest in technology and innovation.
- You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.