Amazon - Engineer - Business Intelligence (4-8 yrs)
About the client:
- Company Name: Amazon
- Industries: Internet / Online
- Company Type: Public
- Funding Stage: Bootstrapped
- Headquarter Location: US
- Nature of Offering: Product & Services
- Founding Year: 1994
- No of Employees: 10000+
Business Intelligence Engineer
If you are passionate about building solutions and coming up with insights to directly improve business performance and efficiency, we want to talk to you. Amazon Operations Finance team is seeking an inventive Data Engineer who will work with the business teams to identify opportunities and build efficient solutions using Oracle, Redshift/AWS, IBM Cognos, Mega/XML platforms. You will work with big data sets and insights from multiple sources to that will drive business decisions.
- Interface with business customers, gather requirements and deliver complete automated reporting solutions
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Develop automated solutions that improve productivity and fill gaps in toolsets available to the business teams
- Support a platform providing ad-hoc access to large datasets.
- Collaborate with other Technical and Operations teams across the company to promote best practices and share solutions
- Partner with finance and business teams and come up with insights on the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining automated metrics reports
- Analyzing and improving metrics to support business needs
- Collaborating with research team to benchmark and validate algorithms
- Maintaining/improving database, manipulating data as needed to solve reporting problems.
- User support for reporting and portal issues, as well as overall troubleshooting support for any platform issues.
- Development, maintenance, and delivery of formalized training programs, including documentation, in-person courses, virtual training, and video-based instruction
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Bengaluru, KA, IND
- 2+ years of analyzing and interpreting data with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc. experience
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Experience with one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, PowerBI) and statistical methods (e.g. t-test, Chi-squared)
- Experience with scripting language (e.g., Python, Java, or R)
- Knowledge of data modeling and data pipeline design
- Experience with statistical analysis, co-relation analysis
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.