Partner - Talent Acquisition at Amazon
Views:3950 Applications:1106 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:194
Amazon - Data/Business Analyst (1-7 yrs)
At the intersection of AI and natural language understanding, voice-assistant technology is one of the most exciting industries to work in today. Part of its appeal lies in a relatively undefined scope: the nature of a nascent market dictates challenges and opportunity often lacking in more developed fields. Creating advanced personal assistants means understanding how to address the many ways a user can ask a single question, and appropriately inferring intent from metadata such as a customer's location.
At Alexa, we experience those challenges every day. Alexa is Amazon's cloud-based voice service, an intelligent assistant that powers groundbreaking devices such as Echo and FireTV. As well as influencing how customers interact with devices in their home, Alexa is shaping the way knowledge is consumed.
That's where you come in. We're looking for Knowledge Engineers to join us in Bangalore and help us expand Alexa's knowledge base and make her the most intelligent assistant in the world. As a Knowledge Engineer in this role, you will be responsible for solving complex problems like identifying the optimal technical and UX strategies for answering questions customers ask Alexa. You will become an expert in the ins and outs of launching engaging question and answer experiences on Alexa. You will own all aspects of a product launch, including ideation, prioritization, development, and post-launch metric monitoring, all with the goal of making Alexa the smartest assistant in the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify new content opportunities within Alexa to fill gaps in our understanding.
- Leverage your familiarity with Indian culture to innovate on behalf of Alexa's customers in the India, enriching the ways customers receive information.
- Ingest and structure data to expand Alexa's ability to understand and answer questions for a vertical.
- Closely monitor specific KPIs and drive improvements in question success rate.
- Partner with product managers and business leaders to enhance Alexa's informational capabilities.
- Develop and manage complex data pipelines.
- Drive new customer experiences, all the way from initial idea to launch.
- Concise clear written communication skills and excellent verbal communication ability.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent), in a quantitative or analytical field
- Able to perform data analysis that drives conclusions and informs project priorities/deliverables
- Able to structure single data sets in models that facilitate data retrieval and aggregate analysis (e.g. Excel, SQL, SPARQL)
- Able to perform basic data processing tasks to manipulate/transform/merge data
- Broad general knowledge.
- Ability to learn a wide range of skills, for example demonstrated by a joint degree or broad range of subject choices earlier in your education.
- Highly-motivated self-starter who can deliver results without close supervision.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Great team player, able to work effectively with others as well as individually.
- Highly analytical with a data-driven approach to making decisions and attention to detail.