Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:323 Applications:89 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Amazon - Corporate Counsel - Transport Segment - LLB (8-12 yrs)
Corporate Counsel, Transport
- This position, based in Bangalore, will be responsible for supporting Amazon's rapidly growing Middle mile Transportation business in India, and support innovative business launches.
- You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
1. Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from a leading university or law school.
2. Licensed to practice law in India or other common law jurisdiction.
3. A minimum of 8+ years of legal experience (with several years of experience at a leading global law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation), preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
4. The successful candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
5. Excellent language capability including the ability to communicate orally and to draft legal documents in English
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Common sense, great judgment