Amazon - Category Leader - Sports Vertical (11-15 yrs)
Category Leader - Sports
- The Category Leader is the key advocate for the category within Amazon - building a world-class discovery and purchase experience for customers, expanding selection, and helping to define, shape and execute long-term strategic initiatives.
- The successful candidate will have experience working with external vendors in areas such as strategic planning and contract negotiations; experience working with internal teams to build innovative, new technology; and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- He or she must have the analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get stuff done and deliver results no matter the obstacles. Key to success also include a strong interest in the industry, the desire to create a unique and compelling customer experience, and a passion for retail. He/she will lead a team of Category, Marketing and Operations managers. he/she will be required to balance customer needs, competitive landscape and the strategic priorities constantly.
Key job responsibilities :
1. Own the P&L of the business.
2. Own customer facing inputs of selection, availability, replication and pricing to drive category growth.
3. Work with product, Central marketing and Ops teams to create a compelling customer shopping experience.
Basic qualifications :
Masters degree :
- 14+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in directly leading a team and managing their performance
- Experience with P&L responsibility
- Experience with vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.