Senior Recruiter at Amazon
Views:904 Applications:184 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Catalog Manager (4-9 yrs)
Job Profile: Manager Catalog - Retail Systems
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in seven countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
The RBS group in Bangalore is an integral part of Amazon online product life cycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team's primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
Roles and Responsibility:
You will be responsible for an Operations team supporting multiple categories that populates/ procures content for the Amazon Catalog, works with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interact directly with Amazon internal customers across the globe (US, Canada, France, Germany, UK, China and Japan) to deliver to their requirements and work directly with the Category team to ensure the overall health of the processes is good. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others, outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of content creation/population done by others, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high, mentor and train new team members.
- Work with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products
- Work with vendors to increase improve processes and reduce order discrepancies
- Partner with vendors to ensure vendor compliance and scalable communication processes
- Troubleshoot and drive resolutions with Vendors to ensure reliable and operationally effective flow of products; improve processes and reduce discrepancies; ensure vendor compliances and scalable communication processes
- Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, system teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor management workflows
- Participate in manufacturer and vendor reviews; drive vendor scorecard excellence
Key Performance Areas:
- People Management (leadership role, Category Lead, team management, floor control and retention)
- Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the team
- Metrics Management
- Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
- Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution
- Vendor management
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 4-6 years in managing people and interacting with customers/stake holders.
- (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including a willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day
- To receive security clearance all candidates must undergo a background check
MUST HAVES :
- Directly managed operations for at least 4 years Managed a downstream team of at least 50 people in operations Graduate in any stream.
- Overall work experience of 6 - 8 years Strong Analytical ability.
- Has demonstrated ability to hire and develop a very strong team.
- Experience working on process excellence through Six Sigma methodologies Experience in Python, SQL, VBA