Amazon - Carrier Manager - 3PL Carrier Operations & Logistics (6-10 yrs)
In this role you'll have exposure to teams across supply chain, operations, finance, and other key groups across while having the responsibility to define and execute on key transportation initiatives having a direct impact on customer experience.
3PL Carrier Operations and Logistics Programme management team plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's 3PL Carrier transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time. . As an integral part of this team, the Programme Manager, 3PL India Operations is responsible for working with carriers to ensure that we deliver on our bar of delivery experience. She/He would also programme manage new projects or change initiatives to bring in continuous process improvement and enhanced efficiency. Additionally, she/he may also own, lead and manage few logistics continuous improvement projects.
She/He would work in close coordination with 3P carrier partners and internal stakeholders - Amazon Fulfillment Centres, Supply Chain, Transportation Operations Support, Data Analytics, Finance, Retail and Technology teams, offering business and logistics expertise to ensure optimal delivery of service solutions.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong analytical as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative climate. Communicating with the senior Amazon leadership team will be a periodic occurrence as well as managing and strengthening relationships with third party logistics partners.
- Drive KPIs on 3PL carrier's performance and perform RCA if necessary.
- Supervise and monitor daily first mile cadence across the Amazon fulfillment centre network pan India.
- Handle, resolve and problem solve all issues and escalations from 3P partners and FC operations that are related to this role.
- Track and escalate compliance of key processes such as handing/taking over of shipments, Tool/Application adoption and usage, Proof of delivery, Scanning of shipments, pick up schedule adherence etc. on both FC as well as Carrier side.
- Prepare MIS reports on metrics such as carrier SLA adherence, New Programme/Project launches, Reverse Logistics losses reduction process strengthening etc.
- Work closely with IT/Systems teams in developing features and components in various tools that impact not only 3P carrier performance, but also overall customer experience.
- Design and optimize operational processes in transportation and fulfillment centers.
- Basic level skills to setup Databse Query results, extraction etc. and analyze raw data using advanced Excel features like Pivot tables etc. to prepare report or proposal.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Attention to detail; an aptitude for solving unstructured problems, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong program management skills and deep dive capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous inputs and tight timelines
- Working knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Excel
Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA from a top tier business school
- Past experience in working for/with Govt. Organizations
- Experience in Consulting
- Record of delivering large analytical solutions with business impact
- Experience on SQL/Database ETL
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English