Amazon - Business Intelligence Engineer - Prime Video (7-12 yrs)
About Amazon Prime Video- Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.- Jeff Bezos
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. We are seeking an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to uncover key insights on how consumers watch videos on Amazon. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of data science, machine learning and statistics, having hands-on experience with multiple improvement initiatives as well as balancing technical and business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies.
As consumers increasingly consume digital video, we need to make agile decisions based on what content appeals to our customers. As an analytics expert at Amazon Prime Video, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the world's largest consumer data sets, influence the long term evolution of our analytics capability and support the expansion of Amazon's digital video business. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with content acquisition managers to develop and define key business questions, and to build models and data sets that answer those questions
- Support the Content team on business reporting, ad hoc analysis, statistical inference and predictive modelling for all Prime Video India.
- Mine and analyze data pertaining to customers viewing experiences to identify critical business insight and make recommendations to optimize content selection.
- Proactively develop new metrics and studies to quantify the value of different aspects of video content.
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement. Develop and present these as papers to senior stakeholders.
- Liaise with your peers in other prime video territories to develop solutions that greatly benefit our global customers
- This role will be based in Mumbai, India
Basic qualifications For this role we require:
- At least 7-8 years of experience in analytical or business intelligence teams developing sound analytics-based solutions to business problems.
- Masters-level degree in econometrics, statistics, operational research, optimization, data science, analytics, or other quantitative field.
- Fluency in using SQL to interrogate TB-scale relational databases to build data sets and answer business questions.
- Expertise in using tools such as R or Python to build predictive models using regressions and other machine learning techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to explain technical concepts and analyses implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- PhD in a quantitative field such as computer science, economics, statistics, physics or mathematics
- Experience in leading and developing high-performing analytical teams