Lead Recruiter at Amazon
Views:5899 Applications:367 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Amazon - Business Intelligence Engineer (2-10 yrs)
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses, including retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers. Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company. Compliance Operations (C-Ops) is part of Health Safety Sustainability Security and Compliance (HSSSC) organization within Amazon. C-Ops ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate with aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product while storage and transport and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes. This team also review aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation. We focus on product testing, certification, and regulatory permitting to ensure customer safety and protect Amazon in a constantly changing global environment.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams and systems. Candidate should have a strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Conduct periodic analysis of trends and issues based on reports, so include data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Develop desktop solutions for ad-hoc reporting of short term pilot programs or incident investigations.
- Supporting the development of detailed reporting specifications for migration of offline analysis into standard reporting
- Support the Business with different types of analyses (for example, identifying trends, calculating drivers, estimating the impact of performance improvement initiatives, etc.)
1. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, or related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
- Advanced SQL skills, fluent in R and/or Python, advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and other analytical platforms
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, QlikView
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Develop and administer goal setting, quota setting, team KPI- s, and scorecards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in R, Python
2. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in SAS, Excel - VBA
- Six-Sigma / Lean knowledge would be a plus.
- Certification in process excellence (PMI, PMP)
- Front end development experience is preferred