Senior Recruiter at Amazon
Views:12036 Applications:1579 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:282
Amazon - Business Development Manager - Advertising Business (3-5 yrs)
Amazon is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) to help grow its strategic advertising business in India. The BDM will have the opportunity to define and execute the advertising strategy for most strategic brands in the fast-growing advertising business, by identifying the key stakeholders with influence, establishing critical internal and partner relationships, and driving adoption wide array of Amazon India's advertising products. He/she will work closely with senior Amazon leadership teams as well as global product and business organizations to offer the right advertising products to the right advertiser audiences, optimized for the India market. He/she will have a good understanding of the India digital advertising and e-commerce landscape, and be able to drive mutually-beneficial customer and partner relationships to scale the business in long-term.
- The ideal candidate will have key account sales or key account management background in the digital advertising space with revenue responsibility, proven track record of winning strategic customers/signing strategic long-term partnerships, upselling and cross-selling various advertising products, possess strong communications skills, and have the ability to think strategically and analytically about the business, product, and market opportunities and challenges. He/she should have the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. He/she will have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and desire to win!
- The Amazon India Advertising business is a strategic start-up with support and interest from business units across the company as well as Amazon's top management. We are a motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future vision for Amazon in India.
- This position is based at the Amazon India office in Bangalore with travel as required.
- Serve as a key member of advertising business development team, helping to drive overall Amazon Advertising strategy and business growth.
- Establish and build strong, profitable, long-term relationships with strategic advertisers who may be key Amazon Brands and sellers as well as non-endemic advertisers. Contribute to the overall growth and profit of Amazon India's business by expanding our partner ecosystem.
- Identify, rationalize and define target market segments and channel strategy for Amazon India's emerging Advertising business. For each segment and channel, define the business model, product offering, engagement process, and support/operations model to drive advertiser adoption and business revenue growth.
- Build scale into the business development function by collaborating with internal stakeholders (vendor managers, seller sales, and account teams) to develop joint business plans and upsell opportunities with coherent messaging/positioning for vendors/sellers/partners.
- Act as the advertisers- advocate to evangelize for their success working with Amazon India, by partnering with the product, account management, support, and global technology teams to drive advertiser success on Amazon's advertising platform.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case. Build and execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders to drive mutually beneficial programs.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption customers.
The ideal candidate is a proven performer with high customer obsession and Think Big capability. Ideally, should come with a proven track record of success at driving top sales results, partnering cross functionally, and professionally representing client needs/perspectives to rest of the organization.
- 4+ years of experience in digital sales, account management, business development, or partner management.
- Proven track record of managing and growing complex business relationship at scale.
- A Strong analytical thinker who likely hails from a leading publisher, related segments or sophisticated interactive advertising agency.
- Ability to develop and execute sales strategies, tactics, plans, processes, systems and programs.
- Track record of personally closing complex deals end-to-end.
- Possess a talent for responding effectively to market direction, customer needs, and competitive positioning.
- Can thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently close sales and generate revenues
- Strong analytical abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
- Prior experience with digital publishers and/or with Media Agencies with strong digital sales/ BD presence.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment