Amazon - Business Analyst (2-8 yrs)
We are looking to hire an insightful, results-oriented business risk analyst to produce and drive analysis for the Security & Loss Prevention (SLP) function in Amazon India. The mission of the India SLP team is to mitigate security and operational risks to the associates, data, physical assets & inventory. The SLP team ensures smooth run of the day-to-day business operations by protecting against various threats and by managing security and loss prevention risks, thereby ensuring a safe and secure work environment. This is achieved by preventing the security related risks and vulnerabilities as early as possible; by intervening in unfolding incidents and exposures in order to minimize any negative impact; and by investigating thoroughly security related incidents in order to identify and remove root causes and to prevent re-occurrence.
The SLP business risk analyst's role will be key in analyzing the data generated through incidents, transactions, investigations and in helping flag gaps/process integrities. The business risk analyst would be a central resource for the team but will extend his/her support to the regional/site SLP managers, generating actionable intelligence and insights for them through rigorous data analysis and structured reporting, ensuring their efforts are focused in the appropriate areas. The Specialist would deep-dive and bring out reports and pointers that will help bring in continuous improvement/changes in processes from the Loss Prevention standpoint, thereby helping in reducing the losses across Amazon network.
The ideal candidate has an accomplished professional background, demonstrated proficiency in advanced mathematics and/or statistics, and experience as an analyst in a business environment. They are comfortable in analyzing data from multiple sources to create strategic recommendations in a thoughtful, concise manner and obtaining organizational buy-in at senior levels. They are well-organized, can manage multiple analyses/projects simultaneously, and is intellectually curious.
Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate our leadership principles: a bias for action, deep-dive, ownership and customer-obsession.
Key Responsibilities includes :
- Developing intelligent, insightful reporting on the key drivers of our business
- Interacting with internal stakeholders to deep-dive outlier events
- Enabling effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Analyze and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities
- Communicating complex analysis and insights to our stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
- Working closely with respective SLP program managers, regional managers and the field team to drive development of metrics and analyses necessary for evaluation and implementation of new strategies.
- Working with large data sets, automate data extraction, and build monitoring/reporting dashboard
- Writing high quality SQL codes to retrieve and analyze data.
- Leading Security Performance Management System (SPMS) based shrink reporting for India SLP team.
- BA/BS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or any other quantitative field
- 2 - 5 years of professional experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, or a Data Science role preferably in an e-commerce or retail company with large, complex data sources.
- Advanced SQL writing skills and experience querying very large relational databases
- Must be passionate about data analytics and have a natural curiosity and ability to dive deep into large datasets uncovering insights and presenting relevant findings to business partners
- Ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of our BI platforms, database schemas, ETL- s, and business logic with an ability to apply critical thinking skills towards gathering and analyzing data
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans
- Meticulous attention to detail; ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering quality bar
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues.
- Self-driven and can work with minimal oversight
- 5+ years of relevant experience in complex business analysis and research, including experience in operations and financial analysis
- Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders
- Expert-level proficiency in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
- Experience with scripting tools like Python, R is a strong plus.
- Extensive knowledge of Tableau, Power BI or similar data visualization tools
- Demonstrated ability in building and managing Business intelligence solutions.
- Strong customer engagement experience.