Talent Acquisition at Amazon.com
Views:2061 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Amazon - Associate - Business Development - Startup & VC Ecosystem/AISPL/AWS (5-10 yrs)
Would you like to develop & nurture relationships with the Venture Capitalist (VC), Accelerators and Incubators (A&I) community, and influence decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services cloud as the basis for their portfolio companies- infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, and the background necessary to mesh with the startup/VC/A&I ecosystem and to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd (AISPL) is the local reseller of Amazon cloud product line viz, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") in India. AISPL enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. As a Startup Business Development associate within AISPL, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's cloud computing platform within the startup communities. Your responsibilities will include identifying long tail VCs/A&Is/Startup Organizations to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with the VC/A&Is/startup org's and their portfolio companies to establish new business in those accounts, and to work closely with the AISPL business development team to drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunity. You'll also work closely with the AISPL marketing teams on activities & programs that will help in creating top of mind recall for AWS cloud in the startup community.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Identify existing and upcoming long-tail VCs/A&Is/Startup Orgs with portfolio companies that have infrastructure needs, and drive engagement with them
- Work closely with the VCs/A&Is/Startup Orgs and the portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using Amazon web services cloud, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Coordinate AISPL-led startup events along with Startup marketing team and participate in relevant third party startup events. Establish credibility within the startups and investors community
- Take on the first-call with the startups on AWS cloud global guidance and nurture them on the platform
- Execute the strategic startup business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. business development teams, marketing, legal, solution architect, support, etc.)
- Identify and execute campaigns and scalable initiatives by leveraging internal Amazon tools to further our startup ecosystem coverage.
Basic Qualifications :
- Technical degree required - MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background
- 5-10 years of BD/sales or startup/investor experience within the technology industry
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as relationship building skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Self-reliant, adaptable, hardworking, decisive, and professional
- Ability to do data analysis to drive actionable insights and lead relevant campaigns.
- Some basic technical knowledge is helpful, such as database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with an ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to clearly articulate the application of different AWS services.
Preferred qualifications :
- Experience with and knowledge of the Venture Capital, Accelerators and Incubators community
- Well networked in the Startup Ecosystem and a regular at key startup events
- Passionate about Technology with a decent knowledge of cloud and technology trends
- For more information on please visit http://aws.amazon.com