Amazon - Art Director (6-15 yrs)
D1 is the internal creative agency setting design and brand direction for Amazon's global brand. Our mission is to be the most customer-centric collective of creative thinkers, dreamers and doers. Our mission is to create beautiful visual designs, communications, on-site graphics, photography, videos, style guides, and user experiences. We are responsible for branding and the creative development of style guides for the Amazon master brand and collaborate with business partners around the world to support a wide range of devices, services, features, and retail categories. We apply strategic insight to delight customers - driving discovery, engagement, and trust.
- Create world-class, user-centered advertising campaign through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- Distill marketing challenges and business goals into focused creative briefs.
- Sell strategic thinking and creative concepts to executive-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to drive projects to completion.
- Launch fully integrated brand campaigns
- Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, Amazon executives, and external partners for review and feedback.
- Work with our usability and data mining teams to assess and optimize new and existing features and page frameworks.
- Brainstorm with clients during kick-off meetings.
- Provide pre-production designs for pitching, including style frames, storyboards, and written concepts.
- Understand the complexities, dependencies and opportunities beyond our immediate team.
- Solve problems creatively and be able to compromise without impacting the work.
- Stay up-to-date on latest animation software, techniques and industry trends
- 8 + years- experience in the advertising industry as an Art Director & conceptual thinker.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates BIG IDEAS. A wide range of thinking, clients and mediums of work. Please add your online portfolio link at the top of your resume when applying.
- Able to effectively present ideas to senior management
- Experience in film production (videos, commercials, etc)
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and team-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor of Applied Art or Any Graphic design Degree or Diploma from reputed organization. Graduation a must.
- Demonstrated art direction expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Ability to turn around rigorous mood boards and mockups in an iterative environment
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Advertising, Brand building and eCommerce design experience