Amazon - Area Manager - Operations - Fulfillment Center (3-7 yrs)
Amazon.com, Inc. is a US-based multinational electronic commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Jeff Bezos founded Amazon.com, Inc. in 1994 and launched it online in 1995. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, CDs, MP3 downloads, computer software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, and toys.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking Area Managers for our Fulfillment Centers (FCs). Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you'll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
- Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
- Partner with other Area Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly.
- Degree in Engineering from a reputed university
- 3 to 7 years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.