Recruiter at Amazon
Views:25693 Applications:3096 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1496
Amazon - Area Manager - Operations (3-5 yrs)
Amazon - Area Manager - Operations - Extensive Travelling Involved
1. Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
- Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Operations :
- Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our India Operations team.
- Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams?
- Join the Operations team as an Area Manager. As Area Managers for our Seller Flex sites you will be responsible for direct people management experience in driving operational performance in a highly metric driven environment. You will also lead many process improvement projects, both for the site and the network, to drive enhancements in key shop floor metrics, viz. Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- One of your key responsibilities will also be development of your team members. You must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly and to travel to seller nodes to launch, set up & monitor Flex operations.
Location : Multiple locations
2. Basic Qualifications :
- Degree in Engineering from a reputed university
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Management of a minimum of 8-10 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple ops roles such as Seller Operations, Fulfillment Centers, etc.
- Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
- Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
- Support all safety programs to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
3. Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA in Operations from a reputed university is a plus
- Prior experience in direct to customer fulfillment/e-commerce is a plus
- Candidate with good exposure to Inventory Management and Inbound, Outbound & reverse logistics function
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.