Amazon - Area Manager - Operations (3-10 yrs)
Area Manager - Operations (Bangalore) [Only Female]
AMAZON OPERATIONS :
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our India Operations team. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams .
AREA MANAGER :
- Join the Operations team as an Area Manager. We are looking for candidates with a strong record of owning and executing strategic, cross-functional projects as well as partnering with other teams to drive key Operational process improvement programs.
- This role requires working with business teams across the company to define requirements and high level process/system solutions, leading cross-functional teams and managing the timelines for field operations teams to support project launches. To be customer centric, work on operational metrics, high focus on quality, productivity & safety.
- This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential, as are a willingness to roll up your sleeves- and get into the details that will make Operations world-class.
DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES :
- An innovative Area Manager with superior analytical abilities and preferred experience in Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills - Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions,
- Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences - Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions.
ADDITIONAL JOB ELEMENTS :
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Continual standing and/or walking
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree/PG or equivalent qualification
- Have experience in leading and motivating a significantly sized team
- Have an understanding of inventory control and systems
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done
- Work shifts, including weekends, in an operational 7/365 environment
- Willing to relocate if necessary
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Master's degree or equivalent
- A grasp of KAIZEN and LEAN methodology techniques would be welcome.
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs