Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:3658 Applications:695 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Account Manager - Vendor Support & Operations - Amazon Vendor Services (10-20 yrs)
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in seven countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, webservicesfordevelopers.
EU Amazon Vendor services (AVS) is one of several programs that allows vendors to scale selection, get strategic support on sales and improving catalog quality further helping in improving customer experience whilst maintaining Amazon's high quality bar. You'll help us create the Earth's greatest shopping experience - a store featuring more products and brands with the most compelling content compared to any other online or offline store. This is a great platform from which to launch a career with Amazon.
AVS is part of the Retail Business Services (RBS) Group in Bangalore which is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team's primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
The Account Manager III (AM III) will be responsible to lead a group of ~50 vendor consultants responsible to handle internal Brand specialists and AVS subscribed vendors. The team of Account Managers are responsible for delighting our vendors by maximizing the return on their investment. Internally, you will partner closely across a number of teams including operations, Retail, product and tech teams.
As we continue to expand in this area in the next 2 years, you will also leverage your experience and judgment to define organizational strategy, processes, tools, and incentives to maximize ROI and accelerate growth. This will be achieved by adopting global standard operating procedures and creating new procedures. This will require collaboration with local and global teams, which have process and subject expertise. Therefore, you should be able to quickly earn the trust of others and skilled at dealing with pushback in order to realize the goals.
Key Responsibilities for this Role :
- Develop and execute service strategies tailored to vendor needs and team development.
- Identify opportunities in the Program to increase natural offshoring and achieve the goal
- Strongly plan and contribute to expansion of new AVS essentials program
- Obtain ongoing stake holders feedback to assess performance against organizational objectives
- Engage with EU AVS Program leadership team and product/platform leadership to represent business results and advocate for vendors need
- Hire and develop a world-class team; conduct resource management and capacity planning
- Develop and implement best practices to drive consistently strong ROI and ease of doing business and to scale for anticipated growth
- Work on specified projects by identifying opportunities independently.
- Dive deep into the part of process to identify problem and improve the performance of under performing parts
- Communicate ideas effectively and with influence (both verbally and in writing), within and outside the team.
- Manages meetings, business and program related discussions regarding their part of the projects.
Key Performance Areas :
- Project/Program Management
- People Management
- Vendor account Management
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree required; emphasis in marketing, advertising or business preferred
- Thorough knowledge of project management lifecycle and project management tools.
- 6+ years' experience in people management
- 2+ years' experience in client-facing role with a strong focus on data analysis
Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA is a plus
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proven record of attracting, retaining and growing exceptional account management and customer service professionals.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets