Talent Acquisition Specialist at Amagi
Views:882 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Amagi - Lead - Financial Planning & Analysis (10-15 yrs)
Amagi is a global leader in cloud-managed services for the Streaming TV and Broadcast TV industry.
Amagi enables TV networks and content owners distribute and monetize their content. Amagi's clients include premium networks and platforms such as NBCU, CBS, PBS, Samsung TV Plus, Redbox, XUMO, Roku, A+E Networks, Viceland TV, MGM, ShortsTV, Yahoo! Finance, PeopleTV, Tastemade, Turner Corporation, Discovery Networks and more.
Amagi pioneered the use of cloud technologies in the broadcast industry, and today manages 300+ channels with deployments in more than 40 countries. Amagi is an advanced tier partner of Amazon Web Services (AWS), and works on the latest cloud technologies that are shaping the media and entertainment industry. Amagi has sales offices in New York, Los Angeles and London, and operations center in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore.
For more information, visit
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Job role: FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis)
Role reporting into: Head Finance
Does this role have direct reports ? : Yes, 3 people reporting to FP&A lead
Job Responsibilities :
PLANNING, MANAGEMENT REPORTS, DECISION SUPPORT AND CONTROL (PRETTY MUCH OWNS THE NUMBERS)
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin.
- Monitor KPI, and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting
- Present the monthly and quarterly financial reports of various units and departments
- Implement a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
- Develop financial models and analyze them to support strategic initiatives
- Support management team and the Heads of Department with data-driven analysis
- Special projects, FP&A will inevitably be pulled in to work on special projects.
- Transaction/Investments: Spearhead Due-diligence process, coordinating with different departments and resolve the queries.
- Process optimization: A perennial problem for large organizations is workflow inefficiency that arises when various technical systems and tools don't "speak to each other" well. Resolving this often requires time consuming manual intervention. Because FP&A teams find themselves in the middle of these process inefficiencies, they are often the ones tasked with improving them.
- Market research: Determining the size of a given market, leaders, laggers and potential opportunities in which the organization may have a competitive advantage.
- Capital allocation: How much of and on what should the organization's capital be spent.
Job Requirements :
Ideal a person should have had the below experiences / possess the below abilities to succeed in this role :
- Knowledge in Finance, accounting & strategy (optional).
- Experience in SaaS (Software as a Service) business
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members & other department functional heads in a hands-on management capacity
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred Work Experience: At least 10+years & alteast 5+years experience in SaaS business
- Education/Qualifications: CA / MBA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.