Consulting Partner at InnoQuest Consulting
Views:4607 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
AM/DM - Operations - Commercial Loan/Commercial Lending (7-12 yrs)
About Our client :
Our client is a leading business process and software services provider serving multiple industries with key focus on the financial services industry.
Assistant Manager - Middle Office - Job Description
TITLE: Commercial Lending
DIVISION: Central Operations
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Operations
OVERVIEW OF FUNCTION:
The Commercial Loan Closing & Doc preparation Specialist is responsible for identifying, requesting, reviewing and critical interpretation of all 3rd party provided documents needed to provide the to close and in coordinating efforts to prepare commercial loan documentation for all commercial loans originated at XYZ Bank, (including real estate and non-real estate secured loans). The position will be the key focal point of communication and pro-actively interacts with internal and external partners and 3rd party vendors. Under supervision and using well-established guidelines, receive and review vendor documents. Clears liens and credit conditions to enable loan closing. Closes a basic line of loan product sets, typically excluding complex real estate and SBA products. Is responsible for the review, analysis and completion of all due diligence associated with the commercial loan documentation and closing process, including the satisfaction of approval conditions prior to the preparation of commercial loan documentation. The position will be the key focal point of communication and interacts with internal and external partners and 3rd party vendors. This position manages the Loan Closing team member as the key focal point of communication and pro-active interaction with the Relationship Manager (RM), Business Banking Officer (BBO), Branch Lender, Portfolio Manager (PM), Underwriter (UW), Documentation Preparation (Doc Prep), Real Estate Valuation Group (REVG), 3rd party vendors, outside counsel, and the Bank customer. The position will be responsible for getting the accurate and complete preparation of lending documents utilizing the document preparation system in accordance with the approved credit facility. The Specialist will be responsible for meeting completeness, turn time and accuracy requirements dictated by established service level agreements and will work closely with the Loan Closing Team Members, Business Banking Officer, Branch Lender, Relationship Manager and external closing agents and will be responsible to review the release of the complete closing package directly to the field for execution with the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors new loans assigned using work queues for incoming work as well as tracking work in process.
- Receives electronic file from U/W or PM, reviews Credit Approval and utilizes conditions set and Loan Checklist to determine due diligence requirements. Analyze and interpret the loan approval to determine collateral and guarantor requirements, confirm evidence of sufficient lending authority and validate the appropriate method of delivery (certification).
- Coordinates efforts to obtain required due diligence items and performs detailed analysis of the due diligence items to ensure loan documents can be completed accurately and the Bank lien can be perfected as required per terms in the loan approval.
- Coordinates efforts to obtain and analyze required due diligence items such as:
- Title commitment / Title search
- UCC search
- Evaluation or real estate appraisal
- Environmental questionnaire or evaluation (phase I/II)
- Flood determination
- Proof of insurance documents
- Entity documents
- Promptly and accurately determines when all underwriting approval conditions for loan closing have been satisfied.
- Upon establishing the - Clear to Close- approval, ensures the movement of the loan to the Documentation preparation group for creation of the internally prepared loan documentation.
- Interacts with UW/PM as required to insure accurate interpretation of loan closing conditions. Calculates Loan to Value (as needed) and validates adequacy of insurance coverage.
- Promptly and accurately determines when all conditions for loan closing have been satisfied. Takes appropriate remedial actions to resolve deficiencies and escalates questions/disputes to appropriate level when necessary.
- Upon establishing the - Clear to Close-, ensures movement of the loan to the Documentation Preparation group for creation of internally prepared loan documentation.
- Interfaces with outside counsel on externally prepared commercial loan documentation, acting on the bank's behalf to review all loan documentation.
- Coordinates efforts to establish the closing date and time with all parties concerned. Coordinates efforts to engage and finalize preparation of loan documents by internal and external counsel in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains an effective dialogue with field sales personnel to insure all remain informed on each loan's status.
- As required, reviews loan documents to insure alignment with the deal structure and credit approval.
- Provides guidance and support to business partners in order to meet the needs of external customers.
- Interacts and communicates daily with all levels, ensuring all parties are updated daily on the status of loans in process and all requirements are met.
- Ensures all individual and departmental goals and service level agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Provides supervision, coaching and training as directed by management.
- Conducts daily briefings to provide feedback and direction on productivity.
- Evaluates staff to determine knowledge of policy/guidelines, products, compliance requirements, etc.
- Sets, monitors and provides feedback to staff regarding performance goals and quality service standards.
- Assist Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers with understanding of credit and loan policy practices and laws and how that can impact the commercial loan closing process.
- Provides management with appropriate reporting.
- Participates in project related activities and other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two (2) years commercial loan experience in a financial institution with a focus on due diligence, loan documentation, or related work experience.
- Two (2) years supervisory or leadership experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills evidenced in previous assignments.
- Demonstrated understanding of applicable bank policies and procedures as they pertain to the satisfaction of loan closing conditions as well as vendor documents and services.
- Strong knowledge of most common vendor documents, loan documents, commercial lending and loan requirements.
- Thorough understanding of all Business Banking and Commercial loan products and Commercial Lending Credit Policy/Guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of loan documentation, collateral evaluation, lien perfection, local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of B2B, CCAS, AFS, RIMS, CHQ, Loan Doc Prep System and other banking systems.
- Excellent personal computer skills with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL, WORD, and email.
- Self-starter and works with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation, including coaching and mentoring team members.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to appropriately escalate issues requiring problem solving and decision making.
- Completion of Loan Closing Specialists certification program (future).
- Completion of Documentation Preparation certification program (future).
- Should be open to working night shifts
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.