Alpha Alternatives - Senior Associate - CFO's Office - CA (2-8 yrs)
Senior Associate - CFO's office
- Alpha Alternatives is a multi-asset class asset management platform driven by alpha generation and partnerships, based out of India and Singapore. The platform is well capitalized with significant prop capital and over 2500 cr of committed assets under management. Our investment strategies span across Commodities, Equities, Credit and Quant, and structures like AIF, PMS, NBFC and FPI.
- We create alternative investment products across Equities and Commodities and other alternative asset classes that target high returns with superior risk-return characteristics for our investors and our own proprietary capital. (https://www.alt-alpha.com/)
- We are seeking a Chartered Accountant (2-6 years post CA experience) who is looking forward to an extremely intense and challenging role in the initial years of his/her career in our hedge fund-styled investing platform in its build-up to a major capital-raising event/IPO in next 3-5 years.
- As an Associate in the CFO's office, you will be required to work on high-impact projects across all verticals - Taxation, Accounts & Audit, Banking, Compliance, Treasury, MIS and Risk function. You will be expected to take a lot of initiative to do on-the-job learning about different financial instruments and regulatory structures - both onshore and offshore.
- You will be required to be flexible across functions and lead multiple projects simultaneously. We expect you to have higher energy, higher intellectual capability and a desire to handle bigger responsibilities than an average CA of your age/experience will generally do.
- If you demonstrate good leadership qualities, you shall expect to lead at least one of the above verticals in 2-3 years or migrate to an important role on the business-side. In the long run, if you do well, you can expect to create disproportionately higher value for yourself.
- Only candidates with stellar academic credentials in CA shall apply. Candidates with multiple CA attempts shall expect to get shortlisted only if their CVs have an extra-ordinary achievement that clearly distinguishes them from other candidates. Higher preference will be given to candidates that have work experience in BFSI space, or a listed company, or an articleship in Big 4.
- Candidates applying from cities other than Mumbai, shall have a clear conviction about moving to Mumbai before applying.
Salary will be discussed individually with selected candidates and will be at par with industry norms. Office location will be in Dadar, Mumbai.