Alpha Alternatives - Head - Talent Management (10-15 yrs)
Alpha Alternatives is a multi-asset class alternatives asset management platform based out of India and Singapore, with over 4000 crs of assets under management, and deep focus on alpha generation. We are passionate about finding alternative investment opportunities that can deliver superior risk-return characteristics. We operate across various alternative spaces like Commodities, Equities, Absolute Returns, Structured Credit, Fixed Income and Quant. Our products span across various investment structures such as AIF, PMS, NBFC and FPI. Our 120 plus people team comes with strong academic credentials at top universities and vast experience across domestic and global financial institutions.
Qualification & Background :
We are seeking an MBA with specialization in Human Resources (10 - 15 years of experience) as our Head of Talent Management who is looking forward to a challenging role in building a HR function in our asset management platform. An ideal candidate would be someone who has held mid to senior position in a similar profile in the asset management / NBFC / financial services industry.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Prepare a quarterly and annual plan for human resourcing by coordinating with different business and corporate functions. Get full understanding on candidate attributes required for the role
- Onboard HR placement consultants and ensure that organization has good pipeline of required staff
- Conduct initial screening/interview for the potential recruits to ensure cultural fitment and meeting work experience requirements
- Facilitate and recommend compensation structure in line with industry
- Liaise with business school/Colleges for campus placements, basis the inputs received from various businesses thereby ensuring there is a healthy relationship and adequate planning for college placements
- Facilitate process for employee onboarding and handholding during initial days of a new employee
- Provide guidance on the effective appraisal process and thereby ensure yearly appraisal cycles are conducted effectively and on timely basis
- Conduct regular sessions for staff engagement and communication, as per the organizational requirements
- Facilitate training requirements of staff
- Manage staff exit process
- You will be expected to take a lot of initiative to institutionalize best HR practices by making appropriate recommendation and highlighting the benefits
- You will be required to be build bridges across functions and lead HR related projects simultaneously. Teams should garner faith and confidence in the HR practice
- We expect you to have higher energy, higher intellectual capability and a desire to handle bigger responsibilities than an average professional of your age/experience will generally do
Salary will be discussed individually with selected candidates. We value long-term players and the compensation will have a significant element of performance-linked bonuses. In the long run, if you do well, you can expect to create disproportionately higher value for yourself.
Office location will be in Dadar, Mumbai. Candidates applying from cities other than Mumbai, shall have a clear conviction about moving to Mumbai before applying.