Alpha Alternatives - Head - Legal/Compliance - CS/LLB (6-8 yrs)
Head of Legal & Compliance
Alpha Alternatives is a multi-asset class asset management platform driven by alpha generation and partnerships, based out of India and Singapore. The platform is well capitalized with significant proprietary capital and over 2500 crs of committed assets under management. Our investment strategies span across Commodities, Equities, Credit and Quant, and structures like AIF, PMS and NBFC.
We create alternative investment products across Equities and Commodities and other alternative asset classes that target returns with superior risk-return characteristics for our investors and our own proprietary capital. (https://www.alt-alpha.com/)
- We are seeking a Company Secretary and LLB/LLM (6-8 years experience) who is looking forward to a challenging role at a rapidly scaling asset management platform.
- An ideal candidate would be someone who has held mid-senior position in a similar profile and now wants to evolve into becoming the Head of the function.
- As the Head of Legal & Compliance, you will be expected to oversee and manage the entire compliance & legal functions while working directly with leadership team.
- You will be responsible for managing the regulatory aspects of the firm's business and proactively advising the leadership team on potential risks and risk mitigation strategies.
- Over a period of time, you will be expected to build a team for different sub-functions, as required.
- You will be expected to take a lot of initiative to do on-the-job learning about different financial instruments, products, regulatory structures - both onshore and offshore. You will be required to be flexible across functions and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- We expect you to have higher energy, higher intellectual capability and a desire to handle bigger responsibilities than an average CS/LLB of your age/experience will generally do. In the long run, if you do well, you can expect to create disproportionately higher value for yourself.
- Only candidates with stellar academic credentials shall apply. Higher preference will be given to candidates that have work experience in the asset management / financial services space.
- Candidates applying from cities other than Mumbai, shall have a clear conviction about moving to Mumbai before applying. Office location will be in Dadar, Mumbai. Salary will be discussed individually with selected candidates and will be at par with industry norms.