Alpha Alternatives - Discretionary Long/Short Trader - Commodity (3-6 yrs)
Discretionary Long/Short Trader - Commodity
Alpha Alternatives is a multi-asset class alternatives asset management platform based out of India and Singapore, with over 4000 crs of assets under management, and deep focus on alpha generation. We are passionate about finding alternative investment opportunities that can deliver superior risk-return characteristics. We operate across various alternative spaces like Commodities, Equities, Absolute Returns, Structured Credit, Fixed Income and Quant. Our products span across various investment structures such as AIF, PMS, NBFC and FPI. Our 120 plus people team comes with strong academic credentials at top universities and vast experience across domestic and global financial institutions.
Qualification & Background:
- We are seeking passionate Commodity derivatives discretionary traders (3-6 years experience) for our Commodities trading team.
- You will be joining our team of highly passionate individuals on the Commodity desk, and help build a cutting-edge trading platform.
- In-depth understanding of commodity derivative markets
- Exceptional numerical aptitude and quantitative acumen
- Team player with strong interpersonal and managerial skills
- Prior trading experience in commodity derivative markets with a successful track record
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Development and deployment of alpha generating back-tested strategies
- Deploy risk capital based on fundamentals, technical and systematic trading strategies
- Recommend ideas and suggestions in order to improve the present strategies
- Learn from and contribute in team meetings and share ideas
We are looking for experienced, talented, well-rounded and competitive individuals who can contribute to collective learning processes. We offer a highly stimulating, challenging work environment and provide all requisite training.
Salary will be discussed individually with selected candidates, and the compensation will have a significant element of performance-linked bonuses. In the long run, if you do well, you can expect to create disproportionately higher value for yourself.
Office location will be in Dadar, Mumbai, so candidates applying from cities other than Mumbai shall have a clear conviction about moving to Mumbai before applying.