Alpha Alternatives - Analyst - Special Situations (0-2 yrs)
Alpha Alternatives is an alternative asset management platform started by a group of individuals with a very successful track record in the financial services industry. The platform seeks to invest in various alternative spaces like long short equities, credit / fixed income, commodities, real estate, etc. It seeks to generate alpha for its proprietary and managed capital by finding differentiated structured opportunities which provide superior risk-return characteristics.
- Alpha Alternatives is looking for a person with 0-2 years experience in equity markets for the Special Situations - Analyst position, to assist on equity research, strategy development and daily reports.
- Work will involve tracking corporate actions, analysing companies from an investment perspective, back-testing strategies, building out a database and generating daily reports
- Has to be passionate about stocks and capital markets and a background in the capital markets industry is a plus. Has to be self-driven as we are a small team. Should be willing to work across businesses when required and complement the rest of the team.
Specialized job competencies:
- Knowledge and experience of equity research a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ideal if the person has knowledge of python, SQL
Other desired attributes:
- Passion for capital markets and investing
- Excellent Communication skill and proactive approach
- A successful candidate should expect to get very high quality on-the-job experience. The candidate would work directly with the fund manager and would receive strong mentoring with a path to becoming a portfolio manager.
- Compensation will be discussed individually with selected candidates and will be at par with industry norms.
- Office location will be in Mumbai
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.