HR Manager at Alien Technology Transfer
Views:648 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Alien Technology Transfer - Innovation Scout (1-5 yrs)
Ready to join a young, dynamic rapidly growing Innovation Management company?
- We are looking for a Technology Scout able to source and analyse the highest quality prospect clients for our business lines amongst the most innovative high-tech high-impact start-ups and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Europe and USA.
- To join the team you have to possess a genuine interest for technology and business, be highly analytical and articulate, and have a strong command of English. You must be a team player, well organised and also keen to take on responsibility. Key qualities include being able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial mind-set, being highly self-motivated, and have a high-degree of stamina to work within an ambitious and goal driven environment.
- The role will see you undertake the responsibility of scouting potential clients, mainly by leveraging digital resources and channels (search engines, industry websites, events, social media), and of analysing various databases (implying also some software programming tasks).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Keeping yourself continuously up to date in the technological and business field to quickly and effectively recognising business opportunities and industry/market emerging trends
- Continuously identifying top level sources/hubs of potential clients among: web platforms, online databases, events (trade fairs, conferences, pitches, start-up competitions, etc)
- Monitoring current trends in private and public innovative project financing and fund-raising
- Handling and analysing databases, including any applicable customised filtering option to deliver the most appropriate results
- Analysing and critically evaluating information resulted from any search related to innovative technologies and business
- Maintaining and enriching internal databases for prospects, clients and public grant awardees.
- Preparing regular reports on funding trends, requiring quantitative skills, which help define the company's yearly targets.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's/ Master's or PhD in Engineering (with preference on multidisciplinary degrees).
- Advanced use of Excel and aptitude to master the use of professional industry database
- Proficiency in using digital resources (e.g. search engines) to uncover new leads
- Self-starting, inquisitive and pragmatic attitude
- Fluent English comprehension, oral and written
- Documented internet search capability and knowledge of Python programming and web scraping mechanisms are a plus.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT :
- To highly motivated and ambitious individuals Alien Technology Transfer can offer fast career progression. Further career steps will successively lead to higher responsibility in team leadership and management.
- During the first 3 months, the Senior Technology Analyst together with the Chief Quality Officer and other senior company managers will provide all the necessary professional training. Guidance will be provided on the characteristics of suitable prospects. Access and training for the current scouting tools and databases will be given. Once the applicant becomes completely autonomous in sourcing prospect clients using the established tools, he/she will be expected to implement new scouting approaches, including the use of new databases.
SOUGHT CHARACTERISTICS :
- Problem solving attitude
- Fast learning
- Lateral Thinking
- Flexibility/ Adaptability
- Good communication skills
- Results orientation
Salary + Productivity bonus (linked to the achievement of milestones related to the amount of prospect clients delivered, success rate in the internal evaluation of such prospect clients, success rate of projects funded - across the applicable business lines)