Recruiter at Airbnb
Views:781 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Airbnb - Manager - Global Compliance (8-13 yrs)
Manager - Global Compliance
Our Company :
About Airbnb :
- Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world.
- Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point in more than 85,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand and most importantly, our people.
About Airbnb Capability Center :
- Airbnb Capability Center was set up in 2017 in Gurgaon to service the global Airbnb community. We are a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travelers within this big and diverse market.
- Airbnb Capability Center is providing varied services under Community Support thereby providing world-class customer experience to our customers. Besides this, Airbnb Capability Center is also building deep capabilities for different verticals like Homes, Finance Technology Group, Finance Shared Services, Analytics, Engineering, etc.
What you'll do :
- Lead the CS Compliance team to appropriately leverage resources, technology information, and tactics in a manner that protects Airbnbs reputation and minimizes risk to our Community and brand.
- Lead the strategic planning of our CS Data Security and Financial control performance.
- Analyse CSs exposure to risk, develop and implement strategies for controlling and monitoring risks in collaboration with the Information Security, Data Security and SUP teams.
- Initial compliance team setup, including business processes and workflows, reporting, and rules of engagement.
- Accountable for overseeing data security and financial fraud investigations and ensuring that cases are opened and actioned within the required timeframe.
- Obtain assurance of business units adherence to procedures and regulatory requirements. Work with stakeholders to ensure that inspection findings are appropriately addressed.
- Support internal Directors and Managers to ensure Data Security and Financial Fraud performance management is evolving away from manual processes and into systems and tools solutions. Champion any tooling changes required.
- Monthly and Quarterly reporting to CS, SUP, Data Security and Legal stakeholders on PII
- Metrics and Financial Fraud results.
- Identify risk patterns and link abusive behavior within a large data set. Identify process and policy improvements and make progressive suggestions for change.
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and prioritize resources in the areas that will deliver the greatest impact.
- Provide professional development opportunities for team members and develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to allow the team to scale and optimize compliance impact.
- Develop and update investigatory procedures to ensure alignment with regulator expectations and industry standards.
- Communicate solution-based recommendations to senior leadership to drive innovative solutions for compliance at scale.
What you need to succeed :
- Degree in security-related comparable field preferred.
- Proven relevant experience in a compliance related environment (5+ years). Certified AM and Fraud Professional (CAFP) is a plus.
- 8+ years of investigations work experience involving Insider Threat, Threats Against
- People, Data Privacy and Data Security Crimes, Fraud, Counterfeiting, Payment or Financial Fraud.
- 4+ years experience managing operations and strategy in roles with increasing responsibility, at least 3 years in a leadership role in a tech, or similar, company.
- Strong leadership skills; minimum of 5 years leading geographically dispersed team members in multiple countries/regions. Experience leading global teams. Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
- Completion of training on various interview techniques.
- Experience with investigative gathering disciplines and business reporting.
- Proven leadership experience managing operational teams responsible for customer due diligence and/or suspicious activity review and filing processes.
- Possess deep subject matter expertise in data privacy and financial fraud and an ability to translate and apply payments-related compliance obligations to a marketplace business model.
- Experience handling sensitive topics with discretion and composure.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and gain a solid understanding of operational challenges.