Senior Manager HR at Agrostar
Views:20029 Applications:596 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:160
AgroStar - Senior/Lead Data Scientist - IIT/NIT/ISI/IISc (1-5 yrs)
As a Data Scientist @ Agrostar, you will get to work on
- Core Personalisation algorithms - these are used for agronomy advisory & farm inputs suggestions, app feed prioritization, notification & retargeting - From understanding how to gather the data for cold-start recommendations, to collaborative filtering models, to incorporation of feedback so that the farmers stay informed about the next crop activity.
- Develop models that help understand and describe farmer's demog, crop cycle, growing pattern, queries of infestation and recommendation for higher yield.
- Operations research- every day we make many small (and large) decisions, from what products to procure, which farmers to target, where to enable or disable deliveries, reduce the return rate, call flow prioritization, field team allocation and improving overall efficiency. Each of these decisions has a cost and benefit, along with competing trade-offs to consider
- Insights, Forecasting and predictive models- to make smart decisions, we need to have a crystal ball that tells us with a degree of certainty what will happen in the future by leveraging from tons of data harnessed till now
This role will be based out of Pune
As an ideal - Agstar Data Scientist-, you will need:
- B Tech, MS in quantitative discipline (e.g. math, computer science, stats, physics, engineering, operations research- )
- At least 1 year experience in data science in a similar industry/ Startups
- Strong SQL skills, Good hold of NoSQL databases
- High level of proficiency in R, Python or similar modelling/scripting language
- Strong knowledge of statistics, probability theory, machine learning, operations research, data visualization
- Prior experience in an ecommerce and scaleup environment
- Prior experience working with predictive models in production
- Prior experience in delivering results in a highly autonomous, yet timely manner
- Agrostar was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture - Lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming.
- With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that maps data of farmers' crop life cycles, India's first online farmer community, online agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last mile rural connectivity.
- We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
- The company is funded by prominent VCs like IDG Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures and Accel Partners. AgroStar also takes pride to have Snapdeal's Kunal Behl and Rohit Bansal as its early investors and mentors. AgroStar is the winner of Economic Times' Best Startup Award 2016, under the 'Social Enterprise' category.
Our Team :
- We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas and take challenges head on. Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and there's always more to do.
- Our mission of - Helping Farmers Win- is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion. If that sounds like you, here's more about the role:
What We offer:
- The opportunity to work in one of the intellectually most demanding and impactful roles in India's fastest growing Agritech startup
- Getting connected with the Farmers and opportunity to work with/for them to solve their real world problems with power of data & information
- Work with a fun, energetic and highly motivated team
- Competitive salary and benefits
- High level of responsibility from day one
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.