AgroStar - Senior Category Manager - Crop Nutrition (7-10 yrs)
Category Senior Manager - Crop Nutrition
- AgroStar is India's foremost AgTech start-up with a mission of #HelpingFarmersWin through right advisory and solutions, powered by data and technology. It was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture - Lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming.
- With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that maps data of farmers' crop life cycles, India's first online farmer community, online Agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last mile rural connectivity.
- We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
- The company is funded by prominent VCs like Chiratae Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures, Bertelsmann and Accel Partners. AgroStar also takes pride to have Snapdeal's Kunal Behl and Rohit Bansal as its early investors and mentors. AgroStar is the winner of Economic Times' Best Startup Award 2016, under the 'Social Enterprise' category.
In The Media
- Economic Times
- Agribusiness Global
- Tech Crunch
Our Team :
- We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas and take challenges head on.
- Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and there's always more to do.
- Our mission of - Helping Farmers Win- is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion. If that sounds like you, here's more about the role:
- Agrostar is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Growth Marketing Manager to drive growth marketing and user engagement for our farmer facing app & mobile web properties. In this cross-functional role, you- ll learn a lot and will have the chance to try new things on many different channels. In this role, optimization instincts, product savvy, and an analytical mindset are key to driving growth, engagement, and conversion.
About the Role : The Category Manager will focus on improving the product portfolio basis market intelligence, pricing, private level strategy and build strategic relationships with Agri brands to ensure we meet revenue numbers
Brand Relationships :
- The primary responsibility of this position is to build a strong product portfolio of brands in the CN business category.
- You will work closely with GM/DM level executives of various multinational and national brands in the CN business industry. You will work on creating a strong portfolio for AgroStar's customers. Build and maintain relationships with brands across various companies. Monitor supplier performance and trend.
- Build strategies for achieving targets pertaining to sales: Work closely with Direct Sales & Marketing team for achieving sales targets. To monitor and track product movement, category contribution and develop strategies to liquidate slow movers and distress inventory with regional sales teams and initiate actions.
Forecasting & Planning : Study and analyze customer requirement & trend, stock inventory at optimum level, and forecast purchase planning.
As an ideal Agstar Crop Nutrition Manager, you will need :
- Minimum 7-10 years- experience in Crop Nutrients companies.
- Strong and in-depth CP/CN market & geography knowledge.
- Should have worked on ground for atleast 3-4 years and or strong understanding of farmer pulse.
- Excellent interpersonal skills can work well with cross function team members.
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship manager with ability to influence.
- Strong in numbers and has strategic ability to drive results.
- Ready to travel extensively to rural locations.
We are looking for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who want to work at the - grass root- level and want to make a difference to India's biggest sector. We hope this excites you as much as us and looking forward to the next few conversations.