AgroStar - Manager - Finance - CA (3-5 yrs)
- AgroStar is India's foremost AgTech start-up with a mission of #HelpingFarmersWin through right advisory and solutions, powered by data and technology. It was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture - Lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming.
- With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that maps data of farmers' crop life cycles, India's first online farmer community, online agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last mile rural connectivity.
- We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
- The company is funded by prominent VCs like Chiratae Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures, Bertelsmann and Accel Partners.AgroStar is the winner of Economic Times' Best Startup Award 2016, under the 'Social Enterprise' category.
In The Media : Fortune | Economic Times | Agribusiness Global | Yourstory | Entreprenuer
- We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas and take challenges head on. Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and there's always more to do.
- Our mission of - Helping Farmers Win- is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion. If that sounds like you, here's more about the role:
- Understand & implement retail accounting system to build strong system controls.
- Develop required SOP's for the Daily Cash management, Inventory Management & other daily store operation and to ensure compliance with those SOP's.
- Responsible for end to end accounting and periodic reporting of the chain of retail stores.
- Interface with business teams and external retail partners to solve their queries.
- Review and provide month end accruals for the retail business vertical.
- Month end closure and reporting, Accounts payables and receivables of retail business vertical.
- Review and finalise margin sharing to the franchise as per agreed commercials.
- Responsible for the store assets management.
- Liasoning with the internal auditors for the audits of the stores operations.
- Involve with the business team and play a key role for the business expansion.
Key skills and personality traits: Must Have:
- Qualified CA with 3-4 years of progressive accounting experience in Ecommerce /Retail Chain Groups.
- Generally accepted accounting and auditing principles, practices & procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal guidance.
- Hands on experience in transactional areas - AP/AR/Controlling.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems (NAVISION preferable).
- Knowledge of GST, Income Tax and TDS.
- Knowledge of handling business vertical and controlling the same.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
We are looking for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who want to work at the - grass root- level and want to make a difference to India's biggest sector. We hope this excites you as much as us and looking forward to the next few conversations.